Contribute
Register

Mavericks 10.9 Overclock Weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixsixtysix,

pardon my ignorance: What do I do with that SSDT-file??
Can I use it for my 4770K or do I need to modify it?

Here is an SSDT.aml for an i7 from 1.6 up to 4.6ghz in 100mhz increments.

You can try that and see if it helps get past the 4.2 mark.

I am currently working on something a little bigger :)

Here is an SSDT.aml for an i7 from 1.6 up to 4.6ghz in 100mhz increments.

You can try that and see if it helps get past the 4.2 mark.

I am currently working on something a little bigger :)

I put the SSDT file in /Extra but it didn't fix it. When I boot at 4.5 ghz, it stills says something like "memory allocation error" and "system halted".

Has anyone tried enabling XMP settings in BIOS for RAM? Looks like that fixed some overclocking issues for other folks. I'm thinking about trying that myself once I have a chance to test stability.

Has anyone tried enabling XMP settings in BIOS for RAM? Looks like that fixed some overclocking issues for other folks. I'm thinking about trying that myself once I have a chance to test stability.

I am XMP enabled and o/c doesn't show up for me in Mavericks. Disabling EIST simply caps me at 3.5GHz. Only Chimera v2.2.1 seems to work for me to be able to boot. Everything else constantly resets the system once I get passed the boot loader screen. My friend has almost the exact same config as me and his o/c is in place from ML. He has a NVIDIA 670 FTW 2GB and I have one with 4GB. I did not have an o/c when I went from ML to Mavericks as something got borked in an update and I didn't have the time to put it back after restoring my system. Also created my own SSDT which goes to 4.7 GHz. System doesn't recognize it in /Extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back