Contribute
Register

Mavericks (10.9) on Lenovo Y580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey RehabMan, I got an error while applying your IRQ fix: "Result is not used, operator has no effect".
My DSDT: View attachment 102778

Edit: adding the alternative DTGP, got me the same error.
Edit2: Nevermind, I should stop playing with ACPI 5.0

Error is not caused by the patch(es). Error is present in native DSDT. Use ACPI 4.0.

hey jessers your work is fantastic but the only problem I have is with sound it wont work i use your kexts and it just does not show up when i choose output should I erase other kexts in my extension folder as I clone my laptops and it may be preventing the sound from working but everything else is flawless

Mavericks (10.9) on Lenovo Y580 black screen

I also noticed that when i made my usb installer it just goes black before I can start the installation I been reading that I need to put a dsdt in the extra folder on the usb installer? Can I use yours so I can do a fresh install? Or is there a special dsdt for the installer so I can get inside to install. Still trying to get audio to work with no luck so I am stuck on voodoo 2.8.6 at the moment

I also noticed that when i made my usb installer it just goes black before I can start the installation I been reading that I need to put a dsdt in the extra folder on the usb installer? Can I use yours so I can do a fresh install? Or is there a special dsdt for the installer so I can get inside to install. Still trying to get audio to work with no luck so I am stuck on voodoo 2.8.6 at the moment
I'm sorry but I'm updating the guide. It was not up to date and had a lot outdated Kexts and stuff. I'm almost done with a new tutorial, which should always work with up to date kexts.

Thanks for updated guide. Good job!

At the moment i have Mavericks based on last guide and my SDCard reader is working OOB. So I'm a litlle bit surprised , that "it doesn't work (for now)".
What about VGA output. Will it be enabled?
And can you post how to enable TRIM in SSD? I remember it was covered in that guide.

(Later we make other USB ports working in Mountain Lion by installing kexts)
I'm sure it should be Mavericks ;) Isn't it?
I'm looking forward to an updated zip :D

Thanks for updated guide. Good job!

At the moment i have Mavericks based on last guide and my SDCard reader is working OOB. So I'm a litlle bit surprised , that "it doesn't work (for now)".
What about VGA output. Will it be enabled?
And can you post how to enable TRIM in SSD? I remember it was covered in that guide.

I'm sure it should be Mavericks ;) Isn't it?
I'm looking forward to an updated zip :D
For TRIM you can use this: https://gist.github.com/return1/4058659
I've removed it as it covered in the Multibeast settings.

And for the SDCard reader, that's strange I've tried many things but mine isn't working. I will look in to it.

I'm sorry but I'm updating the guide. It was not up to date and had a lot outdated Kexts and stuff. I'm almost done with a new tutorial, which should always work with up to date kexts.

Hi Jesser, I see you´ve updated the tutorial, but we still need an updated Lenonovo y580 zip file to install the latest mavericks release, am I right?

Are you updating that file any time soon?

And above all, thanks very much for your work!

Are you updating that file any time soon?

I've been busy with sleep issues. When I sleep with GenericUSBXHCI.kext it automatically reboots. When I removed it and used the DSDT fixes "7-series USB" & "7-series USB3 Multiplex" the sleep was actually working but when I pressed a key to use the computer again it rebooted too. And most important the USB3 ports weren't working either.

Anyway I will just update the guide with my new zip.

I've been busy with sleep issues. When I sleep with GenericUSBXHCI.kext it automatically reboots. When I removed it and used the DSDT fixes "7-series USB" & "7-series USB3 Multiplex" the sleep was actually working but when I pressed a key to use the computer again it rebooted too. And most important the USB3 ports weren't working either.

Anyway I will just update the guide with my new zip.

Probably HPET issue (check my repo for "IRQ Fix" and "HPET Fix"). Or missing OEM SSDTs that are required (common one is IAOE which is needed).

Probably HPET issue (check my repo for "IRQ Fix" and "HPET Fix"). Or missing OEM SSDTs that are required (common one is IAOE which is needed).
That wasn't working either =( . Does it need patched in a particular order? IRQ Fix was already patched for sound, then I've removed GenericUSBXHCI and patched "7-series USB" & "7-series USB3 Multiplex" after that HPET Fix/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back