Contribute
Register

Mavericks (10.9) on Lenovo Y580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure it went to sleep? Sleep does not begin until ~20 sec after sleep request. If you're crashing on wake, you may not see anything in the log as ACPIDebug has no chance to write the log...

I click on "Sleep" in apple menu. Then I've to wait 20-25 sec. After that the cpu fan stops and I see the power led blinking.

Is this sleep or am I wrong?

If I compare it with my "real" MacBook, it takes a little bit longer til the led is blinking (about 12 sec). But sometimes the "real" MacBook needs about 20 sec, too. So I didn't care yet. Maybe I was wrong.

What if my laptop went not to sleep but led is blinking and fan stops? What could this be?

Including SSDT3 is probably unnecessary, but it wouldn't hurt to try it.
SSDT1 & SSDT2 are CPU related and should not be included.

DOFF call is native.

I added SSDT3 but nothing changes. And still no acpidebug-messages in system.log.
Do I have to patch SSDT3?

I click on "Sleep" in apple menu. Then I've to wait 20-25 sec. After that the cpu fan stops and I see the power led blinking.

Is this sleep or am I wrong?

If I compare it with my "real" MacBook, it takes a little bit longer til the led is blinking (about 12 sec). But sometimes the "real" MacBook needs about 20 sec, too. So I didn't care yet. Maybe I was wrong.

What if my laptop went not to sleep but led is blinking and fan stops? What could this be?

I added SSDT3 but nothing changes. And still no acpidebug-messages in system.log.
Do I have to patch SSDT3?

If your laptop is rebooting on wake from sleep, then ACPIDebug never has a chance to write its logs.

btw.

Since I use the other SSDT (SSDT3) my P-States are not working. I've 12 and 24 only. I removed this SSDT an got my P-States back.

Could the sleep problem have something to do with my wifi-card (AR9285)? In system.log I see this:

kernel[0]: PXSX cannot assert wake from D3cold

btw.

Since I use the other SSDT (SSDT3) my P-States are not working. I've 12 and 24 only. I removed this SSDT an got my P-States back.

Then don't use it...

Could the sleep problem have something to do with my wifi-card (AR9285)? In system.log I see this:

kernel[0]: PXSX cannot assert wake from D3cold

I don't think so. AR9285 is handled by native drivers.

With Windows sleep doesn't work, too. If I wake up the laptop after setting it to sleep it also restarts under Windows (8.1).

Can the problem have something to do with the Bios Mod? Or do I have to make changes in Bios? If yes, in which direction do I have to search?

With Windows sleep doesn't work, too. If I wake up the laptop after setting it to sleep it also restarts under Windows (8.1).

Can the problem have something to do with the Bios Mod? Or do I have to make changes in Bios? If yes, in which direction do I have to search?

Restore BIOS to native. Test.

First of all, thanks for this thread - Maverics works great on Y580 :headbang:

But I have problem with hdmi,
if someone could help me in setup hdmi port please?

I was trying to use file from #114 and put that .kext in /System/Library/Extensions replacing existing kext (I was make backup, fortunately :)) and after that system halts on starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back