Contribute
Register

Making Powernap work on Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, been using a ssdt-USB but hasn't helped.

Hey @VoiletDragon .... what is your suggestion to check if Powernap is working? (I would like my hack to check mail and TM when it's "sleeping"...)

thanks... bt

Turn off log in after sleep. Open mail or notes and leave it on the screen. Put the hack to sleep. Email yourself or add notes in other devices and sync. Wait for the clock to past the hour mark. Wake the hack and see if they are already updated on the hack or begins to update when it wakes.

From my understanding, a hack does not do continuous power nap but instead do an interval power nap, every hour, by briefly wakes itself. If your case has a side window panel, or just remove one, you'll see that the fan turns on every time it updates the apps with power nap. Before it does the brief wake ups, nothing will be updated. No power naps during actual machine sleep.

Turn off log in after sleep. Open mail or notes and leave it on the screen. Put the hack to sleep. Email yourself or add notes in other devices and sync. Wait for the clock to past the hour mark. Wake the hack and see if they are already updated on the hack or begins to update when it wakes.

From my understanding, a hack does not do continuous power nap but instead do an interval power nap, every hour, by briefly wakes itself. If your case has a side window panel, or just remove one, you'll see that the fan turns on every time it updates the apps with power nap. Before it does the brief wake ups, nothing will be updated. No power naps during actual machine sleep.

Thanks @ActivityRequired - that makes sense.

I also found this variation on the pmset command works nicely:
Code:
hackintosh01:~ bradtaylor$ pmset -g stats
Sleep Count:0
Dark Wake Count:0
User Wake Count:0

After over-night, Sleep Count will be the sum of Dark Wake Count (PowerNap) and User Wake Count.

Thanks @ActivityRequired - that makes sense.

I also found this variation on the pmset command works nicely:
Code:
hackintosh01:~ bradtaylor$ pmset -g stats
Sleep Count:0
Dark Wake Count:0
User Wake Count:0

After over-night, Sleep Count will be the sum of Dark Wake Count (PowerNap) and User Wake Count.

That's much easier! lol

Thanks for the reply. Yes, been using a ssdt-USB but hasn't helped.
Hi Scott

The Power Nap is fully working on your hack now ?
My hardware is same as yours.
If you have fixed the power nap, could you share your way with me ?

Hi Scott

The Power Nap is fully working on your hack now ?
My hardware is same as yours.
If you have fixed the power nap, could you share your way with me ?

I got Powernap to show up using the SSDT for CPU Power Management technique. Although it works, when the system wakes it has some quirks with the mouse that I haven't figured out yet. Just purchased an new 1080ti Graphics card and was going to dig into a bit more while I do the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back