i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Any recommendations for getting powernap working on Sierra?

Searching around the forum but not finding much current information. I have a Gigabyte z170x-ud3 Ultra w/ 6700K processor. Think my power management is working normally-- system reports several CPU power states and it sleeps and wakes normally.

Trying to figure out what else I would need to enable the Powernap option (currently not listed in my Preferences/Energy Saver screen).

Any recommendations for getting powernap working on Sierra?

Searching around the forum but not finding much current information. I have a Gigabyte z170x-ud3 Ultra w/ 6700K processor. Think my power management is working normally-- system reports several CPU power states and it sleeps and wakes normally.

Trying to figure out what else I would need to enable the Powernap option (currently not listed in my Preferences/Energy Saver screen).

Power Nap is known to cause problems after sleep on a hackintosh. You may need to patch ACPI. I can check Powermanagement for you if you like. Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Power Nap is known to cause problems after sleep on a hackintosh. You may need to patch ACPI. I can check Powermanagement for you if you like. Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Does having the option to turn on power nap means it's working? I don't think my hack checks anything online or do the TM backup while sleeping. (everything seems to turn off, fan and stuffs)

Attachments

• Onlyhack.ioreg
    8.9 MB · Views: 189
Does having the option to turn on power nap means it's working? I don't think my hack checks anything online or do the TM backup while sleeping. (everything seems to turn off, fan and stuffs)

If your machine will wake up out of sleep with Powernap enabled then thats good.

Hey @VoiletDragon .... what is your suggestion to check if Powernap is working? (I would like my hack to check mail and TM when it's "sleeping"...)

thanks... bt

Powernap is known to cause instant reboots after sleep. Better to just disable it.

Had time today to tinker with PowerNap and made some good progress. Generated an SSDT using the handy guide and installed as directed. Once I rebooted, the PowerNap option appeared in the Energy Preferences.

My system sleeps and wakes (even get audio) but, still have an obstacle I haven't figured out: my Apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse behave erractically a short time after the system comes back to life. A second USB wireless keyboard has the same problem. More specifically, the system wakes, I'm able to login, then after 20-30 seconds, typing becomes difficult and slow. Letters don't appear after their keys have been typed or, they appear, but after a long delay. The mouse moves on the screen normally but clicking is delayed or sometimes multiple clicks are registered when only one was made. If I reboot, everything is fine.

Any suggestions? I'm reading a post on CPU PLL Overvoltage. It says to disable but in my BIOS, I don't have that option; I can only give it a value. So not sure.

I feel like I'm really close to solving the sleep/wake/powernap issues. Except for Airplay mirroring, everything else on this system has been working reliably for several months.

Last edited:
Had time today to tinker with PowerNap and made some good progress. Generated an SSDT using the handy guide and installed as directed. Once I rebooted, the PowerNap option appeared in the Energy Preferences.

My system sleeps and wakes (even get audio) but, still have an obstacle I haven't figured out: my Apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse behave erractically a short time after the system comes back to life. A second USB wireless keyboard has the same problem. More specifically, the system wakes, I'm able to login, then after 20-30 seconds, typing becomes difficult and slow. Letters don't appear after their keys have been typed or, they appear, but after a long delay. The mouse moves on the screen normally but clicking is delayed or sometimes multiple clicks are registered when only one was made. If I reboot, everything is fine.

Any suggestions? I'm reading a post on CPU PLL Overvoltage. It says to disable but in my BIOS, I don't have that option; I can only give it a value. So not sure.

I feel like I'm really close to solving the sleep/wake/powernap issues. Except for Airplay mirroring, everything else on this system has been working reliably for several months.

Hi Scott... I've used the same procedure.

What value are you using for Darkwake?

thanks... Brad

Hi Scott... I've used the same procedure.

What value are you using for Darkwake?

thanks... Brad

Hi Brad,
It's been a bit of trial-and-error but currently I'm using Darkwake=8. Tried no value but was getting rebooting after sleep. Also used the beta version of the SSDT generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back