Contribute
Register

Magic Mouse vs Magic Trackpad

Magic Mouse vs Trackpad bs Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy both.

Magic Mouse: superior to the mighty mouse. (quickly returned the mighty mouse to the store because my cursor was randomly jolting across the screen). Sometimes the magic mouse will cause an app to jolt-zoom by inadvertently/lightly touching the mouse surface. Very frustrating. I also find it a little heavy and my desk space doesn't allow for easy movement across three display's worth of desktop area. Otherwise its touch surface is great for increased navigation/productivity of the OS and various apps (ex. web surfing in safari, back and forward swipes, page zooming)

Magic Trackpad: Love it. Sometimes I use it exclusively for work in lightroom or web browsing. It's natural for me being a heavy user of a MacBook. Batteries need recharging every 1-2 months. Did I mention I LOVE the trackpad?

Make sure to enable three finger dragging and click-taps in the control panel. Having to depress the surface for any kind of actions is a real 'drag'.....

I use both...Magic Trackpad for most things...Magic Mouse for gaming.

For me, my Logitech Performance MX is what I prefer because it's comfortable and suitable for gaming. However, if I had to choose between the Magic Trackpad and the Magic Mouse, I'd have to go with the Trackpad. To me, a trackpad is more suited for making gestures and all that other stuff. I've tried the Magic Mouse for about an hour, and I really don't like how sharp the edges are or how thin it is (I like mouses/mice that fit the palm of my hand). Also, I found swiping causes it to move around a bit, which is a little annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back