Contribute
Register

macOS Ventura is Now Available From the Mac App Store

No issues here on the Skylake laptop, had to spoof a Kabylake system first

also no issues with mounting exFAT drives either

No issues here on the Skylake laptop, had to spoof a Kabylake system first

also no issues with mounting exFAT drives either
I had a little problem mount exFAT, it took more than 5 minutes after reboot to make my exFAT mount.

Please check my config is there something missing related to exFAT?

Attachments

• config.plist
    20.9 KB · Views: 24
I had a little problem mount exFAT, it took more than 5 minutes after reboot to make my exFAT mount.

Which version of Ventura are you using?, this was a well documented issue with public beta versions of Ventura. It was an issue for me before the last two updates.

Which version of Ventura are you using?, this was a well documented issue with public beta versions of Ventura. It was an issue for me before the last two updates.
I use Ventura 13.0 fresh install..

Opencore 0.8.5, all kexts updated. First 12.6.1, then 13.0. Initially stuck on a reboot loop at the end of OC loading, however after a Ventura reinstall via usb installer (on the existent partition) and using the CryptexFixup.kext (so I could avoid the AVX2 instructions restriction) everything worked.

I use an old Gigabyte Z68x-UD7-B3, SMBIOS iMacPro1,1.

I have used the Opencore legacy patcher to enable graphic acceleration on my RX 580. Looking forward to any future chances to enable DRM content while using a RX 580 & only AVX1 instructions so the Apple TV app work (pity that it doesn't now, when it did in Monterrey :().

Have you tried running this command in Terminal to force the AMD DRM decoder for Apple TV?
Bash:
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes

Note that this DRM fix will break FaceTime video.

Success with Gigabyte B460 Aorus (Intel I-225V lan + WiFi). Intel I-225V didn't work, crashed the system if enabled, but solved.

macos13.png

Ventura Final i225V is covered in a number of posts, dating back to z490 Monterey:

• if your i225V RevisionID is 3+ with proper vendor ID, you can disable all previous i225V hacks and enable AppleVTD and it will work native.

• If you have RevisionID 2 or vendor ID is malformed, you can inject a Monterey i225V kext, or update your i225V controller firmware.

I have tried both and both work—my z590 i225V is Rev 3 with correct vendor so I didn't have to struggle with finding blobs to do firmware update. UNFORTUNATELY Since orig posts, some necessary blobs have disappeared, so you might have easier time with injection approach.

I've pulled all my findings together in this post:

Hth

Thumbs up!. This helped me a lot. Mine was i225V revision ID = 2, but I could enable it only by enabling AppleVTD. It works native now.

nothing that I can think off

MinVersion and MinDate should be both set to 0

If you had checked the version numbers against each other, you would have found that RC2 and the release version of Ventura are the exact same. Unless you had a funky install, you erased and reinstalled Ventura for no reason.
I did check and know that version numbers are the same, but the OCD in me took over. It is only my time that was wasted but thank you for your concern (just a polite way to say that "It's none of your business"). Peace out.

I just noticed that the Dortania guide recommended using 18,1 with Kaby Lake and GPU?

OpenCore-Install-Guide

Why did we end up using 18,3 for the past few years? 18,3 could very well be a Better choice but .. I have no clue as to .. Why?

And do I need to generate new serial numbers etc. (start from scratch) if I move to another platform id in the future (as iMessage etc. work perfectly with the serials etc. I'm using)?

BTW - I have an MSI Gaming AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT arriving Thursday and I'll hopefully get it installed after I have Ventura working.

There seem to be a number of small changes for that card (which is very low wattage but decent performance) that are mentioned in other threads on the Ventura forum.

I wonder if the choice of video card will affect the platform id? I sadly realize that I have no clue as to how to intelligently Chose a platform id?
I believe we used 18,3 because, at that time, both you and I had a dGPU that drives the main display. Use 18,1 only if you use the iGPU for display. My gig is 18,3 because i am still using dGPU and will use that 18,3 for as long as the system permits.

No need to regen serials if yours is working.

You might have to modify the config.plist if you plan to use the RX6600 XT dGPU.

Back