Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma to be released Tuesday, September 26th

Sonoma RC 2 done no worries.:thumbup:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 18.46.04.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 18.46.04.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 92
Restoring wifi on Broadcom cards requires root patching as Apple removed this from the core OS.
I dislike the SIP off, can you enable after the inject of kexts?

No. As I understood you need to block a standard kext and replace it by one from Ventura. This can not be done without SIP disabled. If you need WiFi and SIP you need to look at the intel solution.

I have an old Bcm94331csax card in my skylake build. it was pulled from real MAC - will WiFi work on this model in the upcoming Sonoma?

I have an old Bcm94331csax card in my skylake build. it was pulled from real MAC - will WiFi work on this model in the upcoming Sonoma?
It will not work without the OCLP Root Patch + kexts at the moment. That's what people are talking about in the previous posts.

All good here!. I used the revpatch=sbvmm boot arg to get the update to show up, then removed it on installation. Looking forward to next Tuesday, I think Sonoma is a great update and looks really fluid on a 4700G.
Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 9.34.53 AM.png

It will not work without the OCLP Root Patch + kexts at the moment. That's what people are talking about in the previous posts.
Thanks for confirming. Looks like I need to start looking into the OCLP steps/process.

macOS Sonoma release time on September 26​

Whenever Apple announces the release date of an OS, it never mentions the exact time the update will go live. The company did the same with iOS 17 and iPadOS 17’s release earlier this month; macOS Sonoma is no exception. But based on the company’s track record, new OS builds typically drop around 10 a.m. Pacific / 1 p.m. Eastern. So, expect macOS Sonoma to release at about the same time Tuesday in the United States.

You can find macOS Sonoma’s release time in various other time zones below. All times are for September 26 unless otherwise noted.
  • Afghanistan: 9:30 p.m.
  • Algeria: 6 p.m.
  • Australia: 3 a.m. (Wednesday, September 27)
  • Australia, Northern Territory: 2:30 a.m. (Wednesday, September 27)
  • Western Australia: 3 a.m. (Wednesday, September 27)
  • Austria: 7 p.m.
  • Bangladesh: 11 p.m.
  • Belarus: 8 p.m.
  • Bolivia: 1 p.m.
  • Brazil: 2 p.m.
  • Bulgaria: 8 p.m.
  • Canada: 11 a.m.
  • Canada (east): 1 p.m.
  • China: 1 a.m. (Wednesday, September 27)
  • Colombia: 12 p.m.
  • Egypt: 8 p.m.
  • Europe: 7 p.m.
  • Finland: 8 p.m.
  • India: 8:30 p.m.
  • Iran: 8:30 p.m.
  • Iraq: 8 p.m.
  • Japan: 2 a.m. (Wednesday, September 27)
  • Qatar: 8 p.m.
  • Russia: 5 a.m. (Wednesday, September 27)
  • Saudi Arabia: 8 p.m.
  • Singapore: 1 a.m. (Wednesday, September 27)
  • South Africa: 7 p.m.
  • South Korea: 2 a.m. (Wednesday, September 27)
  • Thailand: 12:01 a.m. (Wednesday, September 27)
  • United Arab Emirates: 9 p.m.
  • United Kingdom: 6 p.m.

Back