Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma to be released Tuesday, September 26th

i hope it's skeuomorphic or atleast looks a little realistic like windows 7 does (almost throws up from the gross metro ui design that apple is embracing)

I am not technically savy so I can't really understand. Why OCLP is needed to make the wifi works again and a normal KEXT is not sufficient?

I am not technically savy so I can't really understand. Why OCLP is needed to make the wifi works again and a normal KEXT is not sufficient?
That's why it is important to read the OCLP Documentation to understand what the patch is all about.
BTW there are 3 kexts involved in the patch to regain WiFi that is mandatory.

Thank you ald3m1r, that's what I had found as well. But it isn't that clear for me.

That's why it is important to read the OCLP Documentation to understand what the patch is all about.
BTW there are 3 kexts involved in the patch to regain WiFi that is mandatory.
I don't really know where to read that. These patches can't work on normal OpenCore? As far as I understand OCLP is just automating things?

I read that, but I am still not sure about the whole process. (besides a few doubts about how to add things)

why does it needs OCLP? I mean those modifications allow some other patches that OCLP does I guess, right? they are not the full thing.
Restoring wifi on Broadcom cards requires root patching as Apple removed this from the core OS.

Back