Contribute
Register

MacOs Sonoma support need help. Z370N Wifi.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Into github or any internet resource there a lot of configs for z370n wifi. But any configs not works well with my build. I have config which works very well for todays update to Sonoma. Now I'll got error when try to update. So I guess to try change SmBios to Mac Pro or Imac pro via genSmbios. But still no luck. Any config changes show me just Mac word in system info and Serial Number unavailable. I try to solve it few days. Maybe some one can help me with correct config for Sonoma. My Working config attached.

Hardware:
Z370n wifi.
Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 580 8 GB
3,7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 8700k
Native macbook wifi BT card.

Thanks a lot,
Evgeny

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 13.06.27.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 13.06.27.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 47
  • EFI.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 51
Keep your original SMBIOS if everything was working and try downloading the full installer on the App Store instead of updating
Already have usb drive with latest sonoma. So you think it will no broke anything?

why do you want to use a usb? If your system is currently up and running with Ventura just go to the App Store, download Sonoma's full installer from there and install (don't use system settings/general/software update).

As for breaking things, your wifi will break and you will need to fix it; check the other threads it's a hot topic right now :p

why do you want to use a usb? If your system is currently up and running with Ventura just go to the App Store, download Sonoma's full installer from there and install (don't use system settings/general/software update).

As for breaking things, your wifi will break and you will need to fix it; check the other threads it's a hot topic right now :p
Ok, will try to do it. Anyway seems like apple was remove support for dedicated network cards with bcm chip? So now they migrate into usi 339s00610 chip. Would there exist some dedicated card with this chip?
Also does it possible to fix wifi? Do you know some best way ?

Last edited:
Back