Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma is Now Available From the Mac App Store

This is not a good info. I've read OLCP will release Sonoma version on 2nd October. Until then if you can't wait the only option for Haswell is to use nightly beta builds.
I was offering a link to the OCLP, I have no use for it

for those who updated without fixing wifi, are you also having a weak Bluetooth? I have no issues with the keyboard but AirPods Pro keep disconnecting
I have no problem with AirPods Pro on Broadcom Bluetooth. Are you using any kexts for your Bluetooth? I am not using any kexts as Broadcom Bluetooth works OOB.

Macrumors has an article showing 50 new features of macOS Sonoma. Some I can live without and some I would like to try.

Have already tried this but no luck.
If you attach you EFI here I could take a look at it to see if anything is missing or out of order. What version of Broadcom do you have?

Everything update excellent. As native iMac
HP-440-G3 All-in-One
Opencore -0.9.5 / Last Kexts

Attachments

• HP-All-IN-One.png
    HP-All-IN-One.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 29
I have no problem with AirPods Pro on Broadcom Bluetooth. Are you using any kexts for your Bluetooth? I am not using any kexts as Broadcom Bluetooth works OOB.
nope , no kext. I'm using bcm94360ng which should work OOB for Bluetooth.

PS: installed Ventura on another volume to test. With Wifi turned off AirPods barely stay connected but when wifi is on they do, go figure.

Last edited:
I have macbook air m2 and installed sonoma on that notebook to see sonoma os in action. I will leave sonoma on mba and my desktop with fenvi card on monterey as i did not find sonoma upgrade to be compelling enough to risk wifi. Maybe in future i will assemble a new sonoma compliant pc with an intel wifi card if it makes any sense under apple’s current move to internal modems, CPU and GPU

Hello, I have the configuration showed in the pic based on Asus Z170i Pro Gaming. Years ago I change the native wifi card with a Broadcom BCM43 to have full support and services. I would like to update to Sonoma but I am concerned about the compatibility of my system. I read that wifi will not work anymore and this would be a problem. Any advice? Anyone got the same configuration? Thanks

Attachments

• Immagine 30-09-23 - 12.42.jpeg
    Immagine 30-09-23 - 12.42.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 31
Hello, I have the configuration showed in the pic based on Asus Z170i Pro Gaming. Years ago I change the native wifi card with a Broadcom BCM43 to have full support and services. I would like to update to Sonoma but I am concerned about the compatibility of my system. I read that wifi will not work anymore and this would be a problem. Any advice? Anyone got the same configuration? Thanks
Stay with Ventura until there's a better solution than what the OCLP team is currently offering. It may be a week, maybe a month IDK. What's the rush to upgrade ? Keeping your Wifi and BT services working is probably more important than the Sonoma upgrade.

Back