Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma is Now Available From the Mac App Store

I would not upgrade at all. Don't see anything special on Sonoma other than silly features. Definitely not needed for a daily work flow. Sonoma is just a play ground for more and more silly features. Nothing serious!

I kind of agree. I actually don't think any useful features have been added since Catalina. In fact, I really hate the new iOS-ification of the System Settings. As I understand it, most of the major overhaul is "under the hood."

And yet.... I am compelled to upgrade to Sonoma! That's the fun of this crazy hobby, isn't it :)

I think I will sit on the fence for a bit. I'm actually using my Hack for an important project right now and I can't let it go down at the moment.

Swapped SMBIOS from 14,1 to 15,2

@Yomiro,

Is that all you changed in your SMBIOS (MBP 14,1 -> 15,2)
Or did you also generate new serial number, MLB ... etc. ?

If the Model ID is all you changed are all iCloud features working (Messages, Contacts, Notes ..etc). ?

Cheers
Jay

Updated with no issue. Update button in the App Store didn't work. Edit: The app store was linked to Wifi, I don't know why, but enabling wifi (itlwm) solved the issue.
sonoma-macos.png

Last edited:
I got Wi-Fi enabled but it's not detecting my Wi-Fi network. Anyone else have this issue? I addded all the kexts to get Wi-Fi enabled manually.
Intel or Broadcom WiFi?

Hmmm, I've downloaded the full installer, But since i use a BCM43xx Wifi and BT card in an adapter, i'm gonna wait. as it seems this kaputs the WiFi. And TBH my system runs flawlessly, Thunderbolt 4, iMessage, Facetime, etc., all running great. for the sake of a couple of moving wallpapers, and the game mode which I don't need. Just dual boot into this 12900K, or fire up my Windoze only 13900K for all my gaming needs.

Once OpenCore has a working legacy installer for my 2017 MacBook Pro, I'll stick it on there to see what all the song and dance is about. Because, if that gets borked, its easy to roll back to Ventura. it could be a lot more problematic on my desktop hack.

If the WiFi gets addressed and a workaround found, then and only then will I give it a try.

@Yomiro,

Is that all you changed in your SMBIOS (MBP 14,1 -> 15,2)
Or did you also generate new serial number, MLB ... etc. ?

If the Model ID is all you changed are all iCloud features working (Messages, Contacts, Notes ..etc). ?

Cheers
Jay

This was done on my laptop. I don't have it configure for icloud services.

I am not upgrading my desktop. Maybe never if icloud services dont work with Sonoma.

Everything works fine except HD 4600 (Haswell) hardware acceleration.

OCLP 0.6.8 says:
Available patches for your system:
Graphics: Intel Haswell
Cannot patch due to following reason:
Unsupported Host OS.

Any ideas?
View attachment 572205View attachment 572203
you will want to use 0.6.9

Back