Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything works fine for my build, H87N Wifi - GTX 650 TI BOOST

Do your apps from Capitan work? Is there anything that does not work?

Particularly interested in software from BlackMagicDesign (Resolve & Fusion) but also AVID, After Effects. As well as standard apps like Transmission, Pages etc.

Well ****. I tried to redeem my code with Mac Pro 3,1 SMBIOS, that didn't work. Then I tried to redeem it with iMac 14,2 SMBIOS, but it says already redeemed. So I can't download it.

Check the App Store - It may be in your Purchased section.

I've got Sierra up and running on my GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 but I'm having problems getting audio working. IOreg shows HDEF layout-id as <01 00 00 00>. I know the HDA patches aren't supported in Sierra yet. How is everyone getting audio working?
I just copied over the clover patches from my el capitan's clover.plist and it works just fine. My hdmi audio works too

Has anyone managed to get auto unlock working yet?
apparently I read that auto unlock is not available in the public beta it was only available in the dev beta

Check the App Store - It may be in your Purchased section.

I checked it as the first thing and there was no installer. But I checked again after a reboot and now it was there. Good call.

Hi! :) I think this will be an idiot question, but... Which languages are available in 10.12? Is there any list? Thanks for help! :)

Created the USB following the script to the letter and updated El Capitan to Sierra. Selected the EFI mode, the associated EFI script for an iMac 14.2 configuration and the both the mandatory and optional kexts. Used nv_disable=1 and -v in Clover during the install of Sierra. On first arrival in Sierra (i.e. still with the default video driver) and having a picture as desktop image it simply produced noise. Likewise for some of the icons. A first attempt to load the Nvidea driver released for Sierra failed. Changed the background to Sierra and after a reboot I was offered the Nvidea driver again and install worked this time around. Sierra booted in its full glory after a next reboot while not entering any flags in Clover. Sierra defaults were different though and I needed to change them to for instance get the window scroll bar behaving for my system. Audio is not working though. Also Trim has been set to No. So far system is running sweet.
Thanks to all for the 'coaching' and the clear descriptions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back