Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berbice should work with RX480??

Clover fixes inject Dayman for the RX 470/480, and Acre for the RX 460 cards. Lets hope he gets it going as normal.

What really sucks is I just got a Great GeekBench score on this latest update. It seems to run a little better in Open Cl.
RX 480.png

Clover fixes inject Dayman for the RX 470/480, and Acre for the RX 460 cards. Lets hope he gets it going as normal.

I guess Fabian/Mork custom patches won't probably work anymore either.

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 08.27.07.png

Definitely gonna cancel update lol

I guess Fabian/Mork custom patches won't probably work anymore either.

View attachment 232352

Definitely gonna cancel update lol

We shall see, I've just been adding 0x67DF1002 right behind the 0x67EF1002 definition lately anyways so hopefully that can still be done or clover fake ID may work. The real key is the 4100kext. Is everything else still there for Vega, Tonga, Fiji, and Polaris10? If they strippeed it out of there we may be set back.

RX 480 upgrade to 10.12.3 everything works (Audio, Trim, USB).
Just edit manually x4100.

NOTE: modify manually, not by CLover ID, I don't know why ATI ID not work.

Luxmark: 16.500
Cinebench: 145 fps
Unigine Heaven - Extreme: 1320
Bruce Test: 19 Seg.

RX 480 upgrade to 10.12.3 everything works (Audio, Trim, USB).
Just edit manually x4100.

NOTE: modify manually, not by CLover ID, I don't know why ATI ID not work.

Luxmark: 16.500
Cinebench: 145 fps
Unigine Heaven - Extreme: 1320
Bruce Test: 19 Seg.

How are you getting such results? I have same GPU and my results are:
Luxmark: 14600
Cinebench: 87
Bruce Test: 22

also have to mention all 36 cores are enabled

You have to watch carefully where they are, and use the find function to find them, then switch to the insert mode and click on the end and backspace until you reach the end of the first one.

Isn't it possible to just restore this file? Or download it anywhere??

//edit: does timemachine backup kexts?

Last edited:
Isn't it possible to just restore this file? Or download it anywhere??

//edit: does timemachine backup kexts?

Time Machine does back these up, provided you set it up in the preferences to begin with. Do this: Make sure Time Machine is in your menubar options. Open a finder window and get in the /System/Library/Extensions folder. Then enter Time Machine using your menubar. It will open to the Extensions folder and you can go back, select the 4100 kext and restore from any of the saved backups -- make sure you get one from the right date -- it needs to be from the same version as the other AMD kext extensions so they are all compatible. You can optionally just go completely back to 10.12.2 and start again.

Otherwise (another option) you can download the macOS 10.12.3 Combo Updater from Apple and try to re-install it and perhaps it will replace the bad one.

Yet another option is to download the full macOS 10.12.3 from the MAS and just do a complete installation -- uhh make sure you back up all of your data and whatnot first. This WILL replace stuff, so you have to reapply all audio and video kext fixes. But it tends to not do anything to your Clover EFI partition unless you completely wipe the entire disk before installing.

p.s. be very careful about trying to download Apple kexts from anyone other than Apple.

Edit: "Otherwise (another option) you can download the macOS 10.12.3 Combo Updater from Apple and try to re-install it and perhaps it will replace the bad one." If you try this route, drag a copy of the old one to the desktop for safe keeping, remove the copy from /S/L/E before running the combo updater.

Last edited:
We shall see, I've just been adding 0x67DF1002 right behind the 0x67EF1002 definition lately anyways so hopefully that can still be done or clover fake ID may work. The real key is the 4100kext. Is everything else still there for Vega, Tonga, Fiji, and Polaris10? If they strippeed it out of there we may be set back.

I guess we will begin to see once the public beta is released. I am hoping they are just reworking things to fix all of the problems they have been encountering; sometimes it is easier to start over with clean slate and not rush something just to get it out of the door.

I guess we will begin to see once the public beta is released. I am hoping they are just reworking things to fix all of the problems they have been encountering; sometimes it is easier to start over with clean slate and not rush something just to get it out of the door.

Let's hope so, Pavo said they added new AMD legacy framebuffers, maybe there's hope for the integrated graphics fix in this somehow. We do latch onto the AmDframebufferkext when using the 4100kext. Maybe there will be an alternative route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back