Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope so, Pavo said they added new AMD legacy framebuffers, maybe there's hope for the integrated graphics fix in this somehow. We do latch onto the AmDframebufferkext when using the 4100kext. Maybe there will be an alternative route.

There is precedence for this, remember the 9000/4000 controller kext combination was partly split out into the 9500/4100 combination. TBH, I would not be unhappy if the 'horrifically bad audio' problem gets fixed. :)

I've done this and the 480s are faster. With 2 480s I'm at an 10-11s BruceX. With 2 280x I think I was closer to 23s.
I meant there is a difference in productivity when exporting from final cut when using one card 480 and two 480? and on how many value of this difference? not necessarily to use BruceX, any project. values the relative are necessary. it makes sense to use two cards 480, or it is better than one Fury (X)?

Since i still don't know what to do i just get lowlevel scores in geekbench & luxmark. At least it's a bit faster than testing with iGPU :p

How are you moving the files you save on the desktop to the Clover folder?

How are you getting such results? I have same GPU and my results are:
Luxmark: 14600
Cinebench: 87
Bruce Test: 22

also have to mention all 36 cores are enabled

I think, it's a personal opinion, the processor and ram have a lot of influences in OSX.
The second factor I have a very clean install, very solid, without too much kext modified, no Ssdt, etc. Just a couple of things on Clover. I only use some things in the clover instalation and nothing else. I use the hack for work, so I can't upgrade an installing all the time.

Last edited:
The Problem was, there are two config.plists when i follow the guide in the link below. One that is saved by clover when i finished inserting the settings, and the one i found in the Clover directory mentioned before. So i don't know which one to overwrite. The one in the Clover directory could be the one generated from Multibeast after the clean install since it is bigger than the config.plist generated by clover (i saved on the desktop). Man i'm very confused right now and don't know that to do.

Yeah, that could be a problem.

I am going to list how to do somethings using the Terminal app (in your Applications/Utilities folder) to mount the partition. If you have never done things like this it can seem intimidating but It Will Not Be As Difficult As It Might Seem.

Open the Terminal app. You will get a prompt that look like username$
Type in the the following line, followed by pressing the return key: diskutil list

It will give you back a bunch of lines that look like the following example:

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *120.0 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Sierra 2 119.2 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *250.1 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS Sierra 249.2 GB disk1s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk1s3

I am using in this example two connected startup drives name Sierra and Sierra 2 (lame example I know, but hang in there).

Below this the prompt will be back.
Type in the the following line, followed by pressing the return key: sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI

it will give you back
Password:

Type in your password and press the return key. Note (1) you will not see your password as you are typing it. If you mess up you get another chance. Note(2) if this is your first time doing this you will get a message about respecting the power you are unleashing on your machine. It is a one time message. Note (3) If you really panic about blindly entering your password, type the control-c combination to escape; -- hold down the control key and press the c key.

From the listing above, you have the necessary information to be able to mount your EFI partition as a disk in macOS. Suppose your startup disk is Sierra 2 and you want to mount the EFI partition.

Type in the following line followed by pressing the return key: sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
(the 0 in disk0s1 is a zero, not an O.)

If you wanted the EFI partition on the second drive it would be sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/EFI

So to summarize, you are (1) deciding what partition you want to mount as a disk (The EFI partition is created by macOS when you format the disk as a GPT type disk, MultiBeast formatted the EFI partition to use the msdos format -- Clover needs it to be that way-- and then Clover uses the EFI partition to store its files), (2)creating a place to attach it and then (3)mounting the disk. It is ready for you to use the finder to open and treat it as you would a normal disk. You can navigate it, put stuff in it and remove stuff. And you can eject it.

Be careful from here on out. Try doing this for a while so that you can be used to it before proceeding.

This line is now a dire warning that you need to know about before going further --- you need to compare the file on your desktop to the one you will find stored in the Clover folder before overwriting it. Configurator does not always do things the way you want it to and blindly overwriting the Clover folder's file has consequences.

Or you can find an app called EFI Mounter (or one similar) and use it to mount the EFI partition and go from there. Same dire warning applies though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Public Beta 12.4.1 is out, I'm going in!

I did not have any good results. I was able to completely update, but I have only black screens on all of the AMD outputs, they are all active but not getting a signal. I have not tried all of the IGPU outputs yet, but the IGPU DVI output is stopped at the process bar screen -- the system is active though.

This is with both inject-ati = true and Mork's acre framebuffer patch and with inject-ati = false without the acre fb patch. I think we will need new framebuffer patches to work with the Berbice framebuffer in the new 9510 controller.

I'm at work on my MacBook, the 9510controller is in the latest beta.

Did you do a backup?

AMD4100kext took a beating, everything is relabeled. No more references to Baffin, Polaris10,11, Vega10. There seems to be a number scheme for each ZN34AMD4100kext, ZN35AMD4100kext, ZN36AMD4100kext, etc... Everything looks much different, the info.plist still has 67EO, 67FF, and 67EF though.

Last edited:
I did not have any good results. I was able to completely update, but I have only black screens on all of the AMD outputs, they are all active but not getting a signal. I have not tried all of the IGPU outputs yet, but the IGPU DVI output is stopped at the process bar screen -- the system is active though.

This is with both inject-ati = true and Mork's acre framebuffer patch and with inject-ati = false without the acre fb patch. I think we will need new framebuffer patches to work with the Berbice framebuffer in the new 9510 controller.

ZN32, has Baffin associated with it. Fake ID 0xZN321002?, Framebuffer name it Berbice in clover bootloader.

I'm at work on my MacBook, the 9510controller is in the latest beta.

Did you do a backup?

AMD4100kext took a beating, everything is relabeled. No more references to Baffin, Polaris10,11, Vega10. There seems to be a number scheme for each ZN34AMD4100kext, ZN35AMD4100kext, ZN36AMD4100kext, etc... Everything looks much different, the info.plist still has 67EO, 67FF, and 67EF though.

Where is the fun in that? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back