Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you do that perfectly?Half of my progress is automatically cut off.

x4100 kext FakeID: 67DF1002 InjectATI:True

dvi :igpu screen black ,dvi: rx480 half boot Automatic shutdown

xfx 480 4g,i7 3770,asus p8z77vle

Definitely check to be sure about using the Intel ethernet driver. Additionally, do NOT sign into any iCloud stuff until you get the networking -- ethernet and wireless -- working (read the threads about making iMessage and FaceTime work). The flickering you have been seeing is a known problem with the HD 530 graphics chips, but there is a lot you can do to fix it. Once the system is set up and you are sure it is doing what you want, the RX 460 card should work in your system ( I think it is on the list of 'works okay in macOS Sierra') without much additional work at all.

Do you have any experience in using apps like the Terminal app with the command line prompt? Sometimes, especially with Disk Utility, the command line version is better than the graphical app version but you will have to learn some caution in pressing the return key.
I am very experienced in Linux however macOS seems like a whole new world to me. I'm going to try and dual boot of my SSD, any tips? Can I just resize the windows partition in diskutil and create a new one from the free space? That would mean windows hasn't done anything diskutil wouldn't like right?

Definitely check to be sure about using the Intel ethernet driver. Additionally, do NOT sign into any iCloud stuff until you get the networking -- ethernet and wireless -- working (read the threads about making iMessage and FaceTime work). The flickering you have been seeing is a known problem with the HD 530 graphics chips, but there is a lot you can do to fix it. Once the system is set up and you are sure it is doing what you want, the RX 460 card should work in your system ( I think it is on the list of 'works okay in macOS Sierra') without much additional work at all.

Do you have any experience in using apps like the Terminal app with the command line prompt? Sometimes, especially with Disk Utility, the command line version is better than the graphical app version but you will have to learn some caution in pressing the return key.
My mobo uses Intel LAN chipset 1229-V, is this supported? Also, audio is Realtek ALC892, is that supported as well? Thanks!

I am very experienced in Linux however macOS seems like a whole new world to me. I'm going to try and dual boot of my SSD, any tips? Can I just resize the windows partition in diskutil and create a new one from the free space? That would mean windows hasn't done anything diskutil wouldn't like right?

It is astonishing and aggravating that macOS and Linux are so similar and so different at the same time. Your default shell is BASH, you can install just about any shell you want and use it and the command syntax will vary from what you are used to.

I really do not recommend using different oses on different partitions, use different disks instead and use Clover or your motherboard BIOS to choose the boot order. BUT many other folks feel it is okay, so do some internet seqrching on how diskutiil and gpt work for partition management --- the graphical app no longer does this, only the command line version. You may have good results with the BootCamp installer.

p.s. Any mment now the moderators are going to return from their holiday weekend and suggest these questions are better suited for the other forums.

Last edited:
My mobo uses Intel LAN chipset 1229-V, is this supported? Also, audio is Realtek ALC892, is that supported as well? Thanks!

Sure. Take a look at the latest MultiBeast installer app, it supports many, many different audio and networking options. You can run the app and see all of the available choices without actually installing anything and if you are not certain which choice to try, the forum posters will be able to help you.

Here's something I don't get. Pavo over @IM says he has a rx480 and doesn't have a helper card and doesn't have onboard gfx and has acceleration with Mork Vom ork's kext patches. I tried every combination and permutation and cannot figure it out, and have decided to wait and hope for the best from Apple. Has anyone else heard of rx480 acceleration without some type of primary graphics help? Thanks

That's not what he said: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312582-amd-polaris-ids-on-1012-sierra/?p=2350499

He is using his iGPU to boot his RX 480. You need to disable the EFI video output on the RX 480 to use it in OS X, there's currently no other way. It's usually done by setting iGPU=Primary, but you can also use a 2nd PCIE GPU.

On some UEFI implementations you can also unplug the display cable before booting to prevent the UEFI video driver from initializing (on mine it's possible when disabling CSM). Depends on the motherboard though...

RX 480 Nitro 8GB Amazing card for Final Cut and Davinci. Very happy

Luxmark Open CL 16400
Open GL 144

Attachments

• 20170116_003658.jpg
    20170116_003658.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 156
  • 20170116_003421.jpg
    20170116_003421.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:
That's not what he said: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312582-amd-polaris-ids-on-1012-sierra/?p=2350499

He is using his iGPU to boot his RX 480. You need to disable the EFI video output on the RX 480 to use it in OS X, there's currently no other way. It's usually done by setting iGPU=Primary, but you can also use a 2nd PCIE GPU.

On some UEFI implementations you can also unplug the display cable before booting to prevent the UEFI video driver from initializing (on mine it's possible when disabling CSM). Depends on the motherboard though...

igpu boot,black screen Currsor blinks only

whay?

He is using a X99 mobo, which doesn't have integrated graphics, I also have a rig with an X99 board which doesn't have integrated graphics nor do I have a helper card.. I don't understand how is it that you can run a RX480 on a 5,1 mac pro and we can't have them on our hackintosh! That would be the step forward we are looking for to move on and finally ditch nvidia since they are never again going to release drivers for their cards..

So many of us professionally working with hackintosh that have true power like our X99 builds..

Currently working with a 6950X, M.2 512gb 961, 128GB ram and GTX 980Ti... can't get that kind of power out of a Z170 with a 6700K, no matter how you look at it. Moving to RX would make life so much easier :,(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back