Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get my Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 470 8GB to work properly.
I've updated to the latest Sierra PB (10.12.2) which should have overwritten my x4100.kext (and therefore any changes I did to the kext before), right?
I'm booting to clover with my Displayport cable plugged into the RX 470 just fine, in the boot options I select "Inject ATI" and I'm able to boot to a "kind of" black screen, because when I click the mouse button to show Mission Control I'm able to see the Dock, everything else stays black except the mouse pointer, any ideas how to solve these problems?

Unfortunately, I've hackintoshed a Dell T20 which provides no BIOS settings for using the integrated GPU as the only GPU.
I'm thinking about crossgrading the BIOS to the one of the T1700 which provides a setting for "Use integrated GPU only", but I would only try this as a last resort, especially since I'm not entirely sure whether that whole "boot iGPU and the plug in the RX 470 while you see the clover screen" is still needed.

Any help would be highly appreciated - you can also contact me with a PM in German. ;-)

Igpu is to be set as primary display, not the "only" display. Can you boot up with the monitor connected to the motherboard igpu connection? Try that and check to see if you have metal support for the RX card. The last few versions of clover have given me different results with the RX 480. The last version I'm using is 3923, and it only requires the 4100 kext change and inject ATI. If I use other settings it goes Blank at boot. No fake ID 67df1002, no EDID, no loadvbios, only inject ati. If you inject "ATI" and also inject "Intel" it can create problems

Igpu is to be set as primary display, not the "only" display. Can you boot up with the monitor connected to the motherboard igpu connection? Try that and check to see if you have metal support for the RX card. The last few versions of clover have given me different results with the RX 480. The last version I'm using is 3923, and it only requires the 4100 kext change and inject ATI. If I use other settings it goes Blank at boot. No fake ID 67df1002, no EDID, no loadvbios, only inject ati. If you inject "ATI" and also inject "Intel" it can create problems
Hello Gigamaxx, after 99 pages I'm kind of lost, I know it must have been said several times, but in the 4100.kext, what is it exactly i need to change to make the 480 work?

thanks in advanced

Hello Gigamaxx, after 99 pages I'm kind of lost, I know it must have been said several times, but in the 4100.kext, what is it exactly i need to change to make the 480 work?

thanks in advanced

1. Open info.plist and replace "0x67FF1002" to "0x67DF1002"
  2. Run Kext Utility and wait until the access rights restored

1. Open info.plist and replace "0x67FF1002" to "0x67DF1002"
  2. Run Kext Utility and wait until the access rights restored

Actually, if your using the latest clover 3923? The 67FF to 67DF does not work so well. Use the 67EO to 67DF change. It worked)(67FF) in earlier versions but the latest versions 12.12 beta 3 have been giving me problems at least.

Last edited:
Actually, if your using the latest clover 3923? The 67FF to 67DF does not work so well. Use the 67EO to 67DF change. It worked in earlier versions but the latest versions have been giving me problems at least.
Intersting.. I'll try both

thanks in advanced

Don't use both, use only one the 67EO if your using the latest clover bootloader.
There is a thread "enabling RX 4XX cards in Sierra on this forum it has a picture guide and a recommended video.

The key points to remember are to remove the info.plist from the folder to desktop to make changes. When you replace it you should have 2 prompts, "authenticate" and "replace" then you need to use a kext tool to get repair permissions. If you only get "authenticate prompt you probably placed the info.plist in the wrong place so hit cancel when it comes to password window and place it again directly over the contents folder so it locks into place and replaces the original plist.

With the latest clover 3923 use only inject ATI and make the 4100kext change.

Don't use both, use only one the 67EO if your using the latest clover bootloader.
There is a thread "enabling RX 4XX cards in Sierra on this forum it has a picture guide and a recommended video.

The key points to remember are to remove the info.plist from the folder to desktop to make changes. When you replace it you should have 2 prompts, "authenticate" and "replace" then you need to use a kext tool to get repair permissions. If you only get "authenticate prompt you probably placed the info.plist in the wrong place so hit cancel when it comes to password window and place it again directly over the contents folder so it locks into place and replaces the original plist.

With the latest clover 3923 use only inject ATI and make the 4100kext change.

Reading your guide and watching your video and using the latest clover version with the latest macOS Beta 10.12.2 Beta 3 and XFX RX 480 Reference, I'm seeing that my info.plist don't have the 67E0 but have 67E0
Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 13.51.04.png

and I read in the above of your post

****Update: Before installing iTunes updates change 67DF back to 67EO as the update will flag your 4000kext and bring your system status into question. this happened once already in GM, i avoided it last night by changing it back. I had to change my serial number and uuid to get the flagged system to work again. its easier to change back to EO and then back again after the update.

I have my iTunes with the latest update too, what I need to do? I think that is the reason because I'm getting my RX 480 Fully working on macOS

Reading your guide and watching your video and using the latest clover version with the latest macOS Beta 10.12.2 Beta 3 and XFX RX 480 Reference, I'm seeing that my info.plist don't have the 67E0 but have 67E0
View attachment 221305

and I read in the above of your post

I have my iTunes with the latest update too, what I need to do? I think that is the reason because I'm getting my RX 480 Fully working on macOS

I have found that I could get metal support status using fake IDs in clover but I could not run Uningine benchmarks. Only with the 4100kext change was I able to get full acceleration.

Try doing the 67EO to 67DF change again and if 67FF is 67DF change it back to 67FF, don't use both as 67DF. That change and using only inject ATI works now, you don't have to use Framebuffer name Baffin as before, and fake ID 67df1002. Also, having metal support for your igpu/IGFX helps with acceleration. Try using fake ID and ig platform IDs to get igpu support instead of injecting Intel. Injecting ATI and Intel at the same time can cause crashes, and boot problems. Do you have SKL CRB graphics? I use fake ID 0x19120003, and ig platform 0a206080 and get SKL CRB 1536mb it gets metal support in Sierra. The SKL is for Skylake graphics and is in the Extensions folder in Sierra. In board bios settings use 64mb and max settings to get 1536mb.

did you manage to get Polaris working without IGPU yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back