Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried with my XFX RX 480 Reference, go to /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4100.kext/Contents/,change in info.plist "0x67FF1002" to "0x67DF1002" and use Kext Utility, then Reboot my build (I just have one monitor so I memorize where are the os x to select in clover), select and doesnt run just keep the black screen and doesnt get the login image, I search the log files and found this:

https://gist.github.com/Revod/8520c880ffc605e1daf7d3af0d84abf4

What are causing that problem?

My monitor is DVI, but is connected on the HDMI port in my GPU via HDMI to DVI Cable, with the iGPU worked fine, If I don't change the value in my info.plist boot too in the RX 480 but without acceleration.

My BIOS Settings: Peripherals: set the Initial Display Output in "IGFX",Chipset: set the Internal Graphics in "Auto"

Using: macOS Sierra 10.12.1 (16B2657)
XFX RX 480 Reference

I tried with my XFX RX 480 Reference, go to /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4100.kext/Contents/,change in info.plist "0x67FF1002" to "0x67DF1002" and use Kext Utility, then Reboot my build (I just have one monitor so I memorize where are the os x to select in clover), select and doesnt run just keep the black screen and doesnt get the login image, I search the log files and found this:

https://gist.github.com/Revod/8520c880ffc605e1daf7d3af0d84abf4

What are causing that problem?

My monitor is DVI, but is connected on the HDMI port in my GPU via HDMI to DVI Cable, with the iGPU worked fine, If I don't change the value in my info.plist boot too in the RX 480 but without acceleration.

My BIOS Settings: Peripherals: set the Initial Display Output in "IGFX",Chipset: set the Internal Graphics in "Auto"

Using: macOS Sierra 10.12.1 (16B2657)
XFX RX 480 Reference

Which version of clover are you using? The latest few versions are having this issue. What are your clover graphics settings, try fake ID 0x67DF1002, and Baffin for Framebuffer, don't inject Intel, no inject ATI, no EDID, and no load Vbios. Set your fake ID and Baffin only before booting, use motherboard igpu connection to do this, then before hitting return switch the cable to graphics card then hit enter/return.

Which version of clover are you using? The latest few versions are having this issue. What are your clover graphics settings, try fake ID 0x67DF1002, and Baffin for Framebuffer, don't inject Intel, no inject ATI, no EDID, and no load Vbios. Set your fake ID and Baffin only before booting, use motherboard igpu connection to do this, then before hitting return switch the cable to graphics card then hit enter/return.

I had the same issue, but the problem in my case was set to Auto. Only works when I put IGPX. If not Black screen. Dont forget to put 64M in bios memory allocated.

Amazing card rx 480. Super recommended.

I also wondering what is the current list of supported models? I'm planning to switch to RX 480, but don't know which one has the best chance?
Also, I found out that my HIS RX 470 doesn't pick up 4100.kext because it loaded 9500.kext, which is strange. Somehow 9500.kext has ID 0x67DF1002. When i delete 0x67DF1002 from 9500 and add it to 4100, the boot will fail (actually boot is ok but the screen freeze at apple logo, and CAPLOCK still works).

Just a thought,
Why do we have to try the way without IGPU?
Though the new 15' MacBook Pro use the new Radeon Pro,
Does it mean that it won't use the Intel IGPU shipped in Core i7?
Maybe some functions in macOS still need iGPU, like Airplay?
If so, it's reasonable that we can't completely disable IGPU in BIOS settings,
or though maybe we can disable, but it's not the best performance setting for macOS anyway?

I installed the RX480 Nitro+ 8GB OC, it works partially. I am running Sierra V.10.12.1 Beta. (16B233a)

What is working so far is full resolution (2560 X 1440) on an Apple LED Cinema display, 27" connected to a display port.

What is not working: I don't have acceleration, the screen is slow, specially when I move a window. I have artifacts on the screen. Applications quit unexpectedly.

What is the next step? Should I inject ITA on clover configurator? Are they any changes should I make on Clover config?

Also I have a Intel core i7 470K processor with HD 4600 GPU. Should activate the Intel GPU by inject intel?

Last edited:
I installed the RX480 Nitro+ 8GB OC, it works partially. I am running Sierra V.10.12.1 Beta. (16B233a)

What is working so far is full resolution (2560 X 1440) on an Apple LED Cinema display, 27" connected to a display port.

What is not working: I don't have acceleration, the screen is slow, specially when I move a window. I have artifacts on the screen. Applications quit unexpectedly.

What is the next step? Should I inject ITA on clover configurator? Are they any changes should I make on Clover config?

Also I have a Intel core i7 470K processor with HD 4600 GPU. Should activate the Intel GPU by inject intel?

Go to motherboard bios, push start button and hold down delete button on keyboard. Select in perepherals integrated graphics (igpu, or IGFX) as primary display output. Next go to Chipset and select auto or enabled save changes and restart.

Did you do the AMD4100kext modification?
If not select go from top tool bar, select computer. Find disk that Sierra is on and select, then choose "system" folder and click. Libraries will pop up open and select "extensions" folder and open. Go to AMD41000kext, and right click or single click and go to gear button on tool bar at top of the open window and select "show package contents" open and select info.plist and drag it onto the desktop. Single click and open "file" on top tool bar and select open with and choose other. It will open up apps folder scroll down to TextEdit and select always open with. The desktop info plist should open up, scroll down past second paragraph, and look for 0x67EO1002 0x67FF1002 0x67EF1002. Place cursor on 0x67EO1002 at the O and remove or backspace the EO and type in DF, it should look like this 0x67DF1002. Go to tool bar select file and "save". Now, replace the info.plist into contents folder and make sure it lands in the right place. You should get a prompt "authenticate" and then a "replace" option. If you don't see the replace option the info plist may not have been placed in the right spot. I drag the plist over the top of the contents folder icon blue and when it lights up i release it. Do both authenticate and replace, and then use a kext tool like kextbeast or kextwizzard from another site and select Libraries/Extensions and then hit ok. Type password and then reboot.

If your igpu is set for primary and the kext is changed it should boot up. Use mobo connection for your first boot and go to about this Mac and select "system report" select graphics and displays. You R9 xxx should say " metal supported". Next restart and keep cable connected to mobo, when you get to clover screen stop and make any settings you need to make and change cable to vCard port then hit enter. The screen should be black for a few moments until password screen appears. If you have a black screen and you hear the card fans rev up it's a good sign you have a successful setup.

Clover settings no inject ati, no EDID, nonload vbios, noninject intel. Use fake ID 0x67DF1002 and Framebuffer name type in "Baffin". If you follow these steps you should get a 1850-1900 score in Unigine valley at extreme HD settings.

Good luck, that's a nice card.

Last edited:
Sierra 10.12.1 using clover latest version and Sapphire RX 460 2GB.

When inject ATI set true, framebuffer automatically set to Acre and system recognized gpu name properly, but i got random freeze then it's logout, especially when open launchpad or clover config app.

When inject ATI false, framebuffer set to default and system recognized gpu as AMD R9 xxx. But it's stable, no random freeze.

Sorry for english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back