Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used everything from Mac Mini to Mac Pro, even MacBook definitions, maybe a recent MacBook which has the RX installed?

I tried several, no joy. (I wonder if anyone noticed I turned off the internet for the tests? :) :) :) )

Also, one approach I forgot to list in the earlier attempts based on messages from 'round the internet, I tried a complete reset of the motherboard BIOS, alas, also no joy.

I have installed High Sierra PB1 and I got high quality audio through Displayport o_O

I've used everything from Mac Mini to Mac Pro, even MacBook definitions, maybe a recent MacBook which has the RX installed?

I think I have discovered the issue. For some reason, the installer thought this machine is an iMac 14,1 instead of an iMac 14,2 and seems to have installed the stuff only for the iMac 14,1. At least I think so. In looking in the EFI partition files, I have the usual APPLE, BOOT, AND CLOVER folders and the Clover_Install_Log.txt, in looking in the APPLE folder, I have EXTENSIONS, FIRMWARE, and UPDATERS folders and in looking through these, I find files such as IM141_0118_B47_LOCKED.scap which is for the iMac14,1. This explains why it is acting just fine without the card, but having troubles with the graphics card as well as why when I run the installer it does not use the graphics card, it uses the IGPU.

Since I have tried various combinations of install-from-here approaches, this seems to have moved through my various disks.

That file is from the payload of one of the various Apple EFI Security updates; it's basically a ROM update for the iMac. It's not something loaded at runtime, it's used to flash/update SMC and other things via an EFI utility. You'll note your Boot ROM Version in system info probably doesn't match the version of that file.

That file is from the payload of one of the various Apple EFI Security updates; it's basically a ROM update for the iMac. It's not something loaded at runtime, it's used to flash/update SMC and other things via an EFI utility. You'll note your Boot ROM Version in system info probably doesn't match the version of that file.

Yeah, I deleted it all of that just to make sure the installer was not for some reason using it as part of the installation process. This installer is not recreating it (and with it gone, not updating it as apparently it was in earlier attempts). But the installer is still just installing what looks to be mostly iMac 14,1 not 14,2 stuff. After the initial setup screen is passed (with the card inserted), the usual get-kicked-back-to-the-login-screen while the card is inserted process keeps happening, but while the card is out, smooth sailing the whole way.

macOS Sierra 10.12.6 Public Beta 6 is available. This should be getting pretty close to finished and turn into the general release.

Backup EFI folder? Also, check OEM Clover folder it sometimes has a symbios attached, drop OEM in ACPI drop tables?

Nah, the wipe and reinstall efforts got rid of all of that a while back.

I am very besitant to try the drop tables without a very good reason, see this: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues/121

If I run out of things to track down before beta two is released, hoping mine is not the only bug report Apple got on this ;) then I might give that a try.

I used drop oem to boot into Mavericks with my pentium, it was no big deal and I'm not using dsdt or ssdt for my boot. Do you have custom dsdt and ssdt tables generated?

Just the various SSDT files I rotate through (these put the HDMI / DP audio controls in the Sound preferences pane) checking to see if the 'latest' public beta supports audio over HDMI / DP. They are all essentially the same file, variations on Shiloh's tutorial that appears in the Graphics section every now and then. I took 'it" out early on to make sure there are as few conflicts as possible. I use Clover to generate the C and P states, instead of using a SSDT file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back