Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.
First of all I want to say hello to everyone because this is my first post here.
I have build up my first hackintosh but I'm struggling with my graphic card "AMD Radeon R7 370 4gb"
Here below specs of my hardware used:
MOBO: Asus P6x58D-Premium
Processor: Inter i7 930(Bloomfield) 2,8ghz socket LGA1366
Memory: 18gb Kingston 1333mhz
HDD: MAXTOR STM3250820AS
Graphic Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 370 4GB

I followed a lot of threads and a youtube video on how to get this card to work
I've edited clover config.plist I installed also AMD7000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext but nothing worked.
I know that this gpu on Sierra can work but.. how???
What am I doing wrong?

Hoping for an help
Thanks to all of you

Do you have the ID number 0x????1002?

What did you do to the 7000 and 4000 kexts, did you edit the info.plist?

Do you have the ID number 0x????1002?
Following some guides I added ID number via clover configurator as 0x68101002 and i checked it into clover config.plist

What did you do to the 7000 and 4000 kexts, did you edit the info.plist?
i edited also these two kexts info.plist but maybe, because it's my first hackintosh ,i'm making a mess...

Do you have some tips to have a full functionally gpu ??
Thank you

Following some guides I added ID number via clover configurator as 0x68101002 and i checked it into clover config.plist

i edited also these two kexts info.plist but maybe, because it's my first hackintosh ,i'm making a mess...

Do you have some tips to have a full functionally gpu ??
Thank you

Do the edits again and when you do drag them to the desktop, then make the changes, hit save. Then drag them back to the kext contents folder and make sure you get both "authenticate and replace" prompts before entering password. Then before you reboot use Kextwizzard or other kext utility to get repair permissions and clear caches.

What is the real ID of your card? If you use the real ID by simply adding it to your info.plist fixes you don't need to use 0x68101002. Only use that number if that is the number you also are adding to the kext info.plist.

Also, do you have CPU graphics? If not that could be your problem as you may need internal graphics support to use the r7 370.

HW_Monitor sadly won't show up any RX*** related GPU temperature/Fan speed information, at least here.

I was not sure how much the newest version would do. Being an early adopter sometimes means you get to wait and wait and ...

I have been trying too get some things to work better and I have a question regarding connector type and av-signal-type. First the background information; I am using 10.12.4 PB (16E175b) with Clover v4035. I am using a Gigabyte RX 460 4GB card and started up using Inject-ATI=true and FBName=Berbice, which gave me no-signal screens to my monitor on all three connectors (DVI, DP, and HDMI). But using the motherboard graphics card, I was able to log-in and get things going, albeit without acceleration, etc., etc. I then ran IORegistry Explorer, (uhhh version 2.1 so that Gigamaxx can try this as well).
Here is a screen shot of what I found:

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 9.50.03 PM.jpg

The card is fully recognized, but the connectors are sending no-signal to the attached monitors, there seems to be matching numbers of framebuffers to the number of connectors.

Framebuffers 0 and 2 show nothing attached (not true, but skip that for the moment) Framebuffer 1 shows that there is a display attached to the DP port (connector type 0x400) but the av-signal-type is 02 00. Is the av-signal-type supposed to match the connector type -- as in is it supposed to be 04 00?

I was not sure how much the newest version would do. Being an early adopter sometimes means you get to wait and wait and ...

Yes, but we do have "AutoWattman" which takes care of our graphics cards.

I have been trying too get some things to work better and I have a question regarding connector type and av-signal-type. First the background information; I am using 10.12.4 PB (16E175b) with Clover v4035. I am using a Gigabyte RX 460 4GB card and started up using Inject-ATI=true and FBName=Berbice, which gave me no-signal screens to my monitor on all three connectors (DVI, DP, and HDMI). But using the motherboard graphics card, I was able to log-in and get things going, albeit without acceleration, etc., etc. I then ran IORegistry Explorer, (uhhh version 2.1 so that Gigamaxx can try this as well).
Here is a screen shot of what I found:

View attachment 239954

The card is fully recognized, but the connectors are sending no-signal to the attached monitors, there seems to be matching numbers of framebuffers to the number of connectors.

Framebuffers 0 and 2 show nothing attached (not true, but skip that for the moment) Framebuffer 1 shows that there is a display attached to the DP port (connector type 0x400) but the av-signal-type is 02 00. Is the av-signal-type supposed to match the connector type -- as in is it supposed to be 04 00?

Have you tried an older version of clover?

Yes, but we do have "AutoWattman" which takes care of our graphics cards.

Have you tried an older version of clover?

It would be nice to know watt is auto being done man.

None of the older grey haired ones, but some of the recent bright-eyed and bushy tailed ones.

Seems, that you are using Framebuffer BERBICE, but unmodified! You can see it in your screenshot, cause selected is Port#1 (ATY,Berbice@1), but on the right side you could see "port-number 0x3". You have to modify Framebuffer Berbice to match your cards Ports in the right order.

I just updated to 12.4-4 with my Bugout rig. I upgraded it to RX 460 and i5 4690k! I still need to mount the new power supply 380 watts and a 80mm fan. Then add the power switch and restart switch.

IMG_2409.JPG IMG_2395.jpg
IMG_2421.JPG IMG_2419.JPG

I'm using clover 3998 and injecting ATI but I get the R9 XXX definition and it looks like Berbice but all the ports work (HDMI/Displayport). I just hot plugged my Displayport adapter and pulled the HDMI and switched it to the adapter and all is working as Im typing this now. I think its a matter of the new Clover clobbering your port configuration because 12.4-4 is picking my card up the same either way. Its not injecting the RX 460 name but theres a fix for that.

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 9.27.54 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 9.26.28 PM.png

Seems, that you are using Framebuffer BERBICE, but unmodified! You can see it in your screenshot, cause selected is Port#1 (ATY,Berbice@1), but on the right side you could see "port-number 0x3". You have to modify Framebuffer Berbice to match your cards Ports in the right order.

Thank you, I thought a fresh set of eyes would catch the problem. Do you have a favorite guide for doing things like the re-mapping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back