Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting somewhere now. Managed to get into the start of the installer. BUT. I'm stuck with the spinning ball :/

Anyone had any luck getting round this ?

You probably have to do this:

Thank you. I could not upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra, and I have wasted my time trying all those combinations of boot arguments that others suggested. Copying the kexts to the 10.12 directory was the key! After copying the kexts, I could easily finish the upgrade without modifying the boot arguments at all.
Now the only thing not working is the audio.

You are very welcome, my friend :) Yes, I never use Other folder. I learned that since I tried to upgrade to Yosemite.

Sierra installed, however, when I mount the EFI partition with Clover, I don't see it now. Can anyone help?

i have hardware,plugins that sometimes takes time to get an update,so i prefer to have a stable sytem than a unstable system.
A lot of us have multiple systems. I, for instance, have both a real Mac and a Hackintosh just for experiments and betas. If pressed, I could have Nextstep up and running in a few days. I have different systems for production that are stable.

after downloaded it and open install macOS Seirra i choose continue > Agree >Install
installing 2 minuts and need restart but after restart no any changes el capitan still work and no action
any solution ?

Very dubious of using r3761. Tried that twice and for the red text and errors. Only one way to find out I guess. I'll backup again with cleaned up Kexts. update clover. and go from there.

Nope. red errors all over the shop. I may just have to give up for the time being.

Sierra installed, however, when I mount the EFI partition with Clover, I don't see it now. Can anyone help?

If you are using Clover Configurator, the EFI mounter of it is not compatible with Sierra although it will indicate the partition is mounted. It's best to use another EFI Mounter until it is updated, the editing of the config.plist continues to function as intended but not the Mounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back