1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

when I try to install macOS Sierra... I get stucked here:
vmh3jfr.jpg

I have an Intel i5-3450 | NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 | 8 GB of RAM

Without the EXACT motherboard make & MODEL how can anyone try to help you? Gigabyte has many models of Intel type Motherboards. Which is the one you are using to install your macOSSierra with the listed CPU and add-on Graphics card? Please update your Hardware SPECS and update your profile accordingly. Your posting will get a faster response that way.

Without the EXACT motherboard make & MODEL how can anyone try to help you? Gigabyte has many models of Intel type Motherboards. Which is the one you are using to install your macOSSierra with the listed CPU and add-on Graphics card? Please update your Hardware SPECS and update your profile accordingly. Your posting will get a faster response that way.
I updated my profile data.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P61A-D3 | Intel H61 Chipset
Processor: Intel i5-3450 3.1 Ghz (turbo boost: 3.5 Ghz)
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Do you need something else?

I have GA-H61M-HD2 MoBo with Intel Celeron CPU G1610 2.6 Ivy Bridge & ATI Radeon 5450 PCIE Video card as main hardware where I have Installed MacOS Sierra (updated to the latest) , Windows 10 X64 Pro and Ubuntu 16.04 running from 3 separate SATA HDD with Clover EFI as the bootloader

Attached are images of my BIOS setup menu for comparison. If the system is properly installed, in addintion to the phantom MacOSX you should see under boot Options, you should also see your UEFI (P.O. SATA DISK Brandname ) in the BIOS Features>Boot Option Priorities>1,2,3.....

I have installed the MacOS Sierra system using Unibeast Clover UEFI USB installer disk with BIOS options as shown in my uploaded images.
Because of my Processor I could not use the integrated Intel HD 3000 and had to use the PCIE add-on Card ATI Radeon 5450 with some tweaks.

I suspect your Intel i5-3450 may be able to support the Intel HD and Multibeast can provide the option under Customize>Graphics menu option checkbox. I am not sure about your Nvidia GTS 450.

I'll try to watch your progress and assist whatever way I can.
Good luck

Attachments

• 1-BIOS_SystemInfo.JPG
    1-BIOS_SystemInfo.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 343
  • 2-BIOS_SATA Ports.JPG
    2-BIOS_SATA Ports.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 377
  • 3-BIOSFeaturesBootOptionPriorities.JPG
    3-BIOSFeaturesBootOptionPriorities.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 381
  • 4-BIOS Features BootOpt_Sierra System HDD selected..JPG
    4-BIOS Features BootOpt_Sierra System HDD selected..JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 332
  • 5-BIOSFeatures Options for OS X .JPG
    5-BIOSFeatures Options for OS X .JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 326
  • 6-BIOS FeaturesOptions for OS X..JPG
    6-BIOS FeaturesOptions for OS X..JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 318
  • 7-BIOS Options Peripherals.JPG
    7-BIOS Options Peripherals.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 297
  • 8-BIOS Features Boot Opt Booting with USBInstaller.JPG
    8-BIOS Features Boot Opt Booting with USBInstaller.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 197
I have GA-H61M-HD2 MoBo with Intel Celeron CPU G1610 2.6 Ivy Bridge & ATI Radeon 5450 PCIE Video card as main hardware where I have Installed MacOS Sierra (updated to the latest) , Windows 10 X64 Pro and Ubuntu 16.04 running from 3 separate SATA HDD with Clover EFI as the bootloader

Attached are images of my BIOS setup menu for comparison. If the system is properly installed, in addintion to the phantom MacOSX you should see under boot Options, you should also see your UEFI (P.O. SATA DISK Brandname ) in the BIOS Features>Boot Option Priorities>1,2,3.....

I have installed the MacOS Sierra system using Unibeast Clover UEFI USB installer disk with BIOS options as shown in my uploaded images.
Because of my Processor I could not use the integrated Intel HD 3000 and had to use the PCIE add-on Card ATI Radeon 5450 with some tweaks.

I suspect your Intel i5-3450 may be able to support the Intel HD and Multibeast can provide the option under Customize>Graphics menu option checkbox. I am not sure about your Nvidia GTS 450.

I'll try to watch your progress and assist whatever way I can.
Good luck

Now, I get stucked at this point:

LowQmr0.png

In my GA-H61M-HD2 MoBo BIOS, there is no SuperIO to disable.

I guess the OP has a Windows Disk or partition somewhere. If it is a separate Windows Disk, it is better to physically disconnect that disk while Sierra is being installed for a much smoother installation. The current image of boot screen does not seem to show it is "frozen" but might be pausing; waiting a while longer may not be a bad idea. HDD LED might give a clue to the progress or lack there of, to decide if the system is arrested at this line of text on screen.

In my GA-H61M-HD2 MoBo BIOS, there is no SuperIO to disable.
GA-P61A-D3 does have that option - See page 32 of the manual :

32.png

I don't think that it will cure the problem but enabled ports have been seen to cause problems in Sierra albeit mainly with 100 series boards. In any case the chances are that it won't be required in macOS anyway so it is best to eliminate it from the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back