Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Missed Post #1/Settings: Haswell/4xxx/HD4600+
IOReg/CPU0@0/.../X86PlatformPlugin/PluginType=1: YES

See Post #1/Installation, use this method

See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Ok, so here are my files, hope you can review them and let me know if there's something wrong
I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G5019)
My hardware is listed on my signature, I used this guide to help me do the patches to DSDT

Attachments

• PowerManagementConfig.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 128
here are my files
Clover loads all ssdts, even, those with an -x:
Code:
121:691  0:000  Inserting SSDT-x1_2-ApCst.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=201 ... Success
121:691  0:000  Inserting SSDT-x1_1-Cpu0Cst.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=1147 ... Success
121:692  0:000  Inserting SSDT-x1_0-ApIst.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=755 ... Success
121:692  0:000  Inserting SSDT-3-SaSsdt.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=13878 ... Success
121:693  0:000  Inserting SSDT-2-SataTabl.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=914 ... Success
121:693  0:000  Inserting SSDT-1-CpuPm.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=1925 ... Success
121:694  0:000  Inserting SSDT-0-Cpu0Ist.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=653 ... Success
121:694  0:000  Inserting SSDT-EC.AML from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=63 ... Success
Remove all PM ssdts (if device CPU0 is present, delete ssdt)

AppleLPC.kext is not loading, see Post #1/Notes/9 Series/LPC ...., install ssdt
Restart
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files, including IPG

Clover loads all ssdts, even, those with an -x
Remove all PM ssdts (if device CPU0 is present, delete ssdt)

Ok, I've patched my DSDT with LPC for Haswell (it's on the RehabMan laptop repo) and have removed all the extra SSDT and still the same, no correct PM and AppleIntelInfo reports from x11 to x44

Attachments

• PowerMgmnt.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
have removed all the extra SSDT and still the same
True and not true:
Code:
13:439  0:000  Inserting table[0]:SSDT-PM.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=2076 ... Succes
Why was this ssdt added?

Remove SSDT-PM.aml, restart, reply with new files

Last edited:
Remove SSDT-PM.aml, restart, reply with new files

Ok, so now I've ran two configs.
1) With SSDT-XCPM.aml in Clover/ACPI/Patched
2) With PluginType in config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=YES
I've attached all files: IOReg, IPG, BootLog-Clover and AppleIntelInfo output
It seems that PM is working "fine" with SSDT-XCPM but can't seem to reach the lowest 0.8GHz like in Windows, AppleIntelInfo output shows a range from x10 to x44

Attachments

• PowerManagement.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 119
now I've ran two configs
CPU PM is working with either XCPM enabler, both set IOReg/.../plugin-type=1; choose one method
AppleIntelInfo difference is reflected in time run; 2x longer for SSDT-XCPM
It seems that PM is working "fine" with SSDT-XCPM but can't seem to reach the lowest 0.8GHz like in Windows, AppleIntelInfo output shows a range from x10 to x44
8 says it detected 8, (8) says it is 8 when sampled. Run AppleIntelInfo longer to see 9
Use Activity Monitor (All Processes, Hierarchically) to quit non macOS processes

Last edited:
CPU PM is working with either XCPM enabler, both set IOReg/.../plugin-type=1; choose one method

I've another question, when I get home I'll make other tests, in the meantime, I noticed that with PluginType option there's a line in the bootlog, does it matter?

Attachments

• BootLog - Clover - PluginType.png
    BootLog - Clover - PluginType.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 126
there's a line in the bootlog, does it matter?
Clover does the same thing macOS does, actually, unnecessary for XPCM
See IOReg/CPU0@0/.../X86PlatformPlugin/CPUPStates/..., exactly the same in both IORegs
More relevant, macOS boot log:
kernel: (IOPlatformPluginFamily) IOPPF: XCPM mode
kernel: (IOPlatformPluginFamily) IOPPF: XCPM mode
kernel: XCPM: registered
kernel: XCPM: registered[/CODE]

@toleda thanks for all the help lately, now I'm almost done with my Toaster,
X86PlatformPlugin gets loaded with SSDT-XCPM from this guide, AppleLPC too after I patched the DSDT, AppleIntelInfo reports all PStates (x8 to x44) after 2 hours, I left my machine and went to watch a movie, so I'm satisfied with the results even if IPG doesn't show a graph with spikes like on Windows.
Another question before I leave this topic, captured this photo at boot and I think it's the culprit of my previous question, does it matter?

Edit: I'm referring to the first line

Attachments

• IMG_20190305_144407862.jpg
    IMG_20190305_144407862.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 123
Back