Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

• Do not use CloverConfigurator, disables property
However, we have to use Clover Configurator to set up the serial numbers, SMBIOS definition, and so on.

Do not use CloverConfigurator
Do not use CloverConfigurator for PluginType (sets Type to string instead of boolean), Arbitrary (removes property without notice), etc.

The features you cite are available from the original developers, research required.

Your ioreg and AppleIntelInfo.txt show CPU PM working.
But SSDT-XCPM.aml not necessary with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.
Using both generates causes injection of identical/conflicting SSDT.
Remove SSDT-XCPM.aml.

Thanks! I wondered about those being duplicates. I read this entire thread (looong) and I am wondering do you know why some people see big swings in the Power Gadget CPU and people like me do not? I am wondering if there is a way to check that the system is attempting to manage power but cannot for some reason - and then what that reason might be.

I also want to confirm one thing: all the C state (and related) flags in Clover and in my BIOS are not material to this process and this is evident in the output of AppleIntelInfo. I am curious how they are all set to AUTO in my BIOS that I know they are working, again I assume it is the output of AppleIntelInfo, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks! I wondered about those being duplicates. I read this entire thread (looong) and I am wondering do you know why some people see big swings in the Power Gadget CPU and people like me do not? I am wondering if there is a way to check that the system is attempting to manage power but cannot for some reason - and then what that reason might be.

I also want to confirm one thing: all the C state (and related) flags in Clover and in my BIOS are not material to this process and this is evident in the output of AppleIntelInfo. I am curious how they are all set to AUTO in my BIOS that I know they are working, again I assume it is the output of AppleIntelInfo, but wanted to make sure.

I haven't checked recently, but for a while the source to XCPM in the kernel was not published. Makes it a black box, therefore hard to know the extent to which it uses ACPI.

Do not use CloverConfigurator for PluginType (sets Type to string instead of boolean), Arbitrary (removes property without notice), etc.

The features you cite are available from the original developers, research required.

If I did not configure PluginType, could I still made native CPU power management work? If so, how, to put the SSDT-XCPM.aml and SSDT-5.am.l into the directory of EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patches?

If I did not configure PluginType, could I still made native CPU power management work?

The suggestion was to use a real plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro to set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.

If so, how, to put the SSDT-XCPM.aml and SSDT-5.am.l into the directory of EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patches?

Mount your EFI partition.
Then use Finder to copy the files.

I use PlistEdit Pro. To configure like below?

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 12.08.51 AM.png

Hi

I guess my PM doesn't work. Before I had a generated ssdt but it seems not working very promising but at least in some cases it reduced to 800 Mhz. While troubleshooting I found this guide and tried it. Right now not successful. Any help is much appreciated!

1. Description of problem
    there are no lower frequencies used than 4 Ghz

2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
    • Gigabyte Z87M-D3H (F11)
    • CPU: i7 4790k
    • iGPU deactivated
    • Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

3. Procedure/Guide Used
    1st post of this guide

4. Copy of IOReg/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (no ioreg.txt, screenshots)
    • Baseline
      attached
    • PM install
      attached
  5. Copy of AppleIntelInfo/Terminal: cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat
    • Baseline: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As...
      attached
    • PM install: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As...
      attached
  6. Copy Of Console/All Messages (last boot)
    • PM install: Console/File/Save a Copy As...
      absolutely no idea how to catch that, did not find the option...
  7. Screenshot of Intel Power Gadget
    • Baseline
    • PM install
  8. Clover (files only, no text pasted to Post)
    • EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
      attached
    • DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log
      not attached. did not get it to work - got several malware warnings...
    • EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt (if installed)
      currently no patched dsdt
    • EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ssdt (all)
      attached

Thanks a lot for looking at my problem!

Greeting Scrati

Attachments

• iMac_Baseline.ioreg
    5.7 MB · Views: 99
  • iMac_PM.ioreg
    5.8 MB · Views: 101
  • AppleIntelInfo_Output_PM.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 101
  • AppleIntelInfo_Output_baseline.txt
    11.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IntelGadget Baseline.png
    IntelGadget Baseline.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Intel Gadget PM.png
    Intel Gadget PM.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 81
  • config.plist
    12.4 KB · Views: 258
  • ssdt.aml
    2.3 KB · Views: 123
  1. Description of problem
I followed this guide and replace the SSDT generated from SSDTprgen to SSDT-XCPM, added SSDT-5, set plugin-type to 0, but not sure if the CPU PM is working properly or not, can you please tell me how to determine? According to the IPG result, the utilization is abnormal, how can I fix that? Thank you for your time.

2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
10.13.2 17C88 / GA G1 sniper H6/ bios ver. F7/ E3-1231 V3/ Evga Gt740 1G D5

3. Procedure/Guide Used
macOS Native CPU/GPU Power management

Files attached:

4.IOReg
5.AppleIntelInfo output
6.Console
7.Screenshot of Intel Power Gadget after geekbench
8.Clover

edit:
DPCIManager/Misc attached