Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

The instructions are a bit cryptic as they are written. @mbze430 they mean that if you made a ssdt for your power management, than you should have PluginType=No in your config.plist, and if you don't have a ssdt, which you don't need to with the current version of clover, you can just set Plugintype=yes.

Yes they are very cryptic. thanks for the info though it is much clearer with a bit of more verse in the instructions

IGPU Info: 0 states and 0 MHZ/IPG: 0 MHZ
Not correct.

Install the ssdt method
1.,Set CLOVER/config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=YES
2. Install ssdt_xcpm.zip

Restart, reply with new Post #1/Problem Reporting/PM Install files
if setting config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true then there is no need to install ssdt-xcpm.aml

I like to see if someone can check my work if I did all of this correctly.
Using the PluginType=1 method
I have a Z97 board, so I did add the SSDT LPC9 file (not sure if I still need it nor not)
Power Gadget when idling the GT: 0.07 GHz and during benchmarking GT: 0.38 GHz

I also noticed that my IOReg doesn't have the same as the OP... so I don't know if I messed something up or what

As far as the CPU PM goes, it's great, it goes down to 800mhz and goes up to 3.1GHz like it supposed to.

Just need to get the iGPU up to at least the stock 1150mhz

Last item of concern. I uploaded the Clover Configurator's "Kernel and Kext Patches" page, and I have KernelPm checked, because I read from https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#kernelandkextpatches_kernelpm that it is for Haswell. Do I need that for MacOS 10.13.1?

Please let me know

Thanks

Attachments

• mbze430 iMac.ioreg
    16.7 MB · Views: 102
  • idle_Gadget.png
    idle_Gadget.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 120
  • bench_Gadget.png
    bench_Gadget.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 103
  • i3-4350T - HD 4600.txt
    18.5 KB · Views: 104
  • config.plist
    10.1 KB · Views: 257
  • KernelPM ATI Connectors Patch.png
    KernelPM ATI Connectors Patch.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
oh and it should be True, not yes. If you are using clover configurator, then it is just a checkbox :)
am I looking at the wrong screen in Clover Configurator?? In Clover Configurator it is either 0, 1, or Blank. I checked the config.plist it is set to 1, I guess i can change it True.

Code:
key>SSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>DropOem</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Generate</key>
            <dict>
                <key>CStates</key>
                <false/>
                <key>PStates</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>
            <key>PluginType</key>
            <true/>

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 11.49.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 11.49.07 PM.png
    220.6 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
am I looking at the wrong screen in Clover Configurator?? In Clover Configurator it is either 0, 1, or Blank. I checked the config.plist it is set to 1, I guess i can change it True.

Code:
key>SSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>DropOem</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Generate</key>
            <dict>
                <key>CStates</key>
                <false/>
                <key>PStates</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>
            <key>PluginType</key>
            <true/>
hi,you should update Clover Configurator

IGPU Info: 0 states and 0 MHZ/IPG: 0 MHZ
Not correct.

Install the ssdt method
1.,Set CLOVER/config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=NO
2. Install ssdt_xcpm.zip

Restart, reply with new Post #1/Problem Reporting/PM Install files
Edited

Thanks!

please see below. it doesn't seem like anything changed with the xcpm? I still see igpu current frequency as 0mhz and only 3 igpu p-states.

while digging around my config, I did notice that my config has fake cpu id and kernelpm set under kernel and kext patch. would that affect things? Would the fact that I am injecting intel also affect igpu? From my understanding OS X should natively support hd630 anyhow, was the inject method done before we had native OS X support? also I notice on my boot screen in clover it seems like enable c6 is on for cpu but I don't have anything like that set in config.plist...? really confused.

on that note, clover configurator doesn't sync my config options properly, namely the ACPI patches. if I save my config via clover configurator, I will get no boot because of all the changes in ACPI patches that it does for me. I have been generating what I want in clover, look for the change and then manually editing it in Xcode right now. is there something from with my clover configurator? I did update to latest version...

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 223
  • console xcpm.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 238
  • intelpower xcpm.png
    intelpower xcpm.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 66
  • ioreg xcpm.ioreg
    11.5 MB · Views: 89
  • ioreg xcpm.zip
    805.5 KB · Views: 57
  • intelinfo xcpm.txt
    17.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I like to see if someone can check my work if I did all of this correctly.
Using the PluginType=1 method
I have a Z97 board, so I did add the SSDT LPC9 file (not sure if I still need it nor not)
Power Gadget when idling the GT: 0.07 GHz and during benchmarking GT: 0.38 GHz

I also noticed that my IOReg doesn't have the same as the OP... so I don't know if I messed something up or what

As far as the CPU PM goes, it's great, it goes down to 800mhz and goes up to 3.1GHz like it supposed to.

Just need to get the iGPU up to at least the stock 1150mhz

Last item of concern. I uploaded the Clover Configurator's "Kernel and Kext Patches" page, and I have KernelPm checked, because I read from https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#kernelandkextpatches_kernelpm that it is for Haswell. Do I need that for MacOS 10.13.1?

Please let me know

Thanks

To use Clover PluginType=1 generation, you set:
config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true

Note that the setting at config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/PluginType (typically set to 1) is a separate and unnecessary setting.

Back