Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

... not working well? Details?
Thanks for your reply. the detail is that my computer would sometime suddenly get stuck, then shut down the display and required a password to login in. and after I login in, my computer would reload all windows that i opened before. sometimes it got stuck and shut down the display again. Can you help me solve it? thank you.

Attach IOReg before and after sleep with new IPGs matching IORegs
Updated.(#319)

Not sure what is "IPGs matching IORegs", I used the IOReg you posted in #1.

PM is working. System freeze is not a PM problem. Off topic.
Yes! Now I get such message in terminal:
"CPU P-States [ (8) 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] iGPU P-States [ (4) 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]"
Thanks a lot, toleda!

System Definition/SMBIOS (see Note 1, below)
  • Native CPU PM (PluginType=1)

I choose to complete this procedure even if I have the SSDT generated with Piker Alpha's ssdtPRGen to compare the results hoping to obtain better power management for my CPU.
As required I've 18,3 SMBIOS and right BIOS Settings but I really don't understand what you mean with "PluginType=1", I tried with:
Code:
<key>PluginType</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<true/>
under SSDT in my config.plist, don't know if it's correct. This is the only requirement I can't figure out to complete.
I tried to install the kext AppleIntelInfo.kext and reboot but I get a KP immediately after clover boot (stuck on logo without loading bar) so I had to delete the kext inside S/L/E from terminal of my UniBeast USB and start again from zero. I'm using High Sierra 10.13.1. Thanks for help in advance guys.

Last edited:
I choose to complete this procedure even if I have the SSDT generated with Piker Alpha's ssdtPRGen to compare the results hoping to obtain better power management for my CPU.

Not expected to be better. Just easier to implement.

but I really don't understand what you mean with "PluginType=1", I tried with:
Code:
<key>PluginType</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<true/>
under SSDT in my config.plist, don't know if it's correct.

Does not matter.
This guide does not recommend doing CPU PM injection/generation via Clover.
In fact, correct setting is config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=false when using SSDT-PluginType1.aml or SSDT-XCPM.aml.
Alternatively, you can set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true to generate the same content as SSDT-PluginType1.aml/SSDT-XCPM.aml just with Clover options (in that case you omit the SSDT).

I tried to install the kext AppleIntelInfo.kext and reboot but I get a KP immediately after clover boot (stuck on logo without loading bar) so I had to delete the kext inside S/L/E from terminal of my UniBeast USB and start again from zero. I'm using High Sierra 10.13.1. Thanks for help in advance guys.

AppleIntelInfo.kext is not to be installed.
It is loaded after the system is booted with kextload or kextutil.

In fact, correct setting is config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=false when using SSDT-PluginType1.aml or SSDT-XCPM.aml.
I've done this way now.

AppleIntelInfo.kext is not to be installed.
Sorry but I was following at the letter, it was written, download and install so I did exactly the same thing :D

Thanks for clarifying my doubts, now I can notice that I have a variable frequency compared to before. I upload an image (the situation is almost the same in both pictures, PS in background and Chrome with the forum tab afloat) maybe you can explain me which one is better. Thanks again.

ssdt.jpg

Last edited:
Back