Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

don't need the turbo
Spent a lot of money on a feature not enabled. One of the few processors capable of all cores/threads at max turbo (45/45/45/45), out performs i7-7770K (44/44/44/45).
suggest me to remove SSDT-5.aml, cause is redundant with SSDT-HACK.aml
SSDT-HACK.aml not working, install SSDT-5.aml

Ignored Post #1/Requirements
2. BIOS
  • Load Optimized Defaults
  • Verify stock clock
Set BIOS as noted (with Turbo), reply with new files (all files)

Spent a lot of money on a feature not enabled. One of the few processors capable of all cores/threads at max turbo (45/45/45/45), out performs i7-7770K (44/44/44/45).

SSDT-HACK.aml not working, install SSDT-5.aml

Ignored Post #1/Requirements
2. BIOS
  • Load Optimized Defaults
  • Verify stock clock
Set BIOS as noted (with Turbo), reply with new files (all files)
Yes when my machine will reach some sort of stability, then...
Cause I just had several installations, trying to not use unibeast/multibeast/clover configurator...
lot of kp and files corrupted. Also for the first time I had to restore my bios cause get corrupted also...
before using default bios settings, I can reach OS X screen just using maxmem=4096
Now booted, here's the new files, note I don't know how to generate clover boot log without clover configurator

The bios is set at default, and just the two file you mentioned previously are in the patched clover folder.

Without ssdt I had some trouble, the power reached 100-120, on the intel power gadget power monitor
and I had a restart with kernel panic, during an intensive cpu task.

with bios at default plus ssdt, now looks stable

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    654.2 KB · Views: 88
bios at default plus ssdt, now looks stable
AppleLPC is loading. Something is way off. Logic X 25 W max on an 88 W cpu makes no sense. 50 C is a long way from thermal throttling. Likely, BIOS and/or setting setting problem; clear CMOS.

AppleLPC is loading. Something is way off. Logic X 25 W max on an 88 W cpu makes no sense. 50 C is a long way from thermal throttling. Likely, BIOS and/or setting setting problem; clear CMOS.
Yes I had to reflash the bios...
here's the new files, I'm trying various solution for enhancing stability, in the guide I'm following, is using Piker's SSDT... next try with the one you build :)

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 86
What stability problem?
KP has nothing to do with PM, file system problem
IPG screenshots, not helpful; Logic ??
Sorry I forgot to mention, I had the bios settings not at default, cause I'm trying to understand
what are causing to me kb's, the bios like you noticed was broken, I reflashed with same bios version (the last), maybe now things going better...
I'm start to thinking that some is related with time machine import (selective method)
in the last install, I damaged some catalogs I tried to repair with fsck with no success.
Logic X is on time machine backup, I'll try to restore... I feel confused about how TM works, if I need to repair permission after the import, or doing some maintenance tasks.
When I edit something in the EFI folder, then on successive OS X reboot, I can boot only using some boot flags in clover
like - f or maxmem=4096.

Off topic.
Here's update files using your SSDT.
in BIOS i have TURBO enabled and K OC disabled

Now everything looks fine about the stability,
i had some smbios-graphics-permissions troubles

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    7 MB · Views: 113
Hello. I have tried and build a new mackintosh machine and the config is as follow:
Sierra 10.12.6, GA-H270M-D3H, i3-7100, Corsair 4GB DDR ValueSelect, Corsair VS 550 PSU.

I used this guide to make sure that I have native Power management on the setup. But I am not sure how to find out if its done right. Plus, once my machine enters sleep, it wouldn't wake up. It will simply reboot from there, could someone tell me why is that happening?

Here are the files and screenshots attached. If someone could have a look and tell me, It would be great!

Also, the only SSDT I have in CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED/ is ssdt-xcpm.aml.

I am not able to pull AppleIntelInfo.kext because I get the following error:
Code:
/Users/dhananjay/Downloads/AppleIntelInfo.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 259
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 8.36.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 8.36.03 PM.png
    56 KB · Views: 109
  • Dhananjay’s iMac.ioreg
    4.2 MB · Views: 111
Back