Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
The update went fine and my boot drive has been converted successfully to apfs. The system still boots :). But at every boot I have a strange display of APFS start with followed by efi-fusion pairing messages on the top left in the boot screen. The system will boot than normally. I don't have a fusion drive. Why do I get these messages and how to get rid of them?

The update went fine and my boot drive has been converted successfully to apfs. The system still boots :). But at every boot I have a strange display of APFS start with followed by efi-fusion pairing messages on the top left in the boot screen. The system will boot than normally. I don't have a fusion drive. Why do I get these messages and how to get rid of them?

APFS.efi is doing this (the one you placed in your clover folder). I did not update my computer with SSD so cannot tell but maybe taking APFS.efi from the final release will solve it (in case they have changed something from the GM). Or maybe you have real HDD for storage things ?
Well it is not a big deal if everything is working fine :)

I had that error when i tried to patch CoreDisplay earlier. Is this even before you've had it started up

It goes through the install as usual. When I boot from the USB and point to the newly installed High Sierra HD it ends up getting the IOConsoleUser error when it starts the GUI. I get a mouse cursor briefly.

APFS.efi is doing this (the one you placed in your clover folder). I did not update my computer with SSD so cannot tell but maybe taking APFS.efi from the final release will solve it (in case they have changed something from the GM). Or maybe you have real HDD for storage things ?
Well it is not a big deal if everything is working fine :)
I just have extracted the apfs.efi from the High Sierra Installer and used that one. But that makes no difference. I still have one legacy harddisk in my build for time machine backups. It's just a cosmetic error. Everything works fine for the rest.

Mine gets stuck when I restart the first time. Shows an Apple logo but no progress bar. Checked verbose mode, it says
BSD process name corresponding to current thread: unknown
Attempting system restart...MACH Reboot

Then it hangs. Any thoughts? I updated to latest clover, followed Tonymac's instructions for SSD install, and disabled SIP.

Above the BSD process info, it says panic kernal trap, then backtrace continues....

Got the same problem here...

Drop MATS table in Clover options if it is there.

Dropping the the MATS table in Clover doesn't fix the problem...

Using a 9360 XPS13 specs are below.

Anyone an idea?

Managed to install with appstore install app. Thou installer tend to have similar problems working as it did with Sierra.

Im running this with z77v-pro modified bios. Problems i had were following and the way i fixed them:

• Upgraded Clover to latest version. But didnt install the apfs.efi to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64
    • So i was forced to copy from internet another apfs.efi and place it to folder
    • You can find the apfs.efi from installed system in /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi If you failed to extract it from installer.
  • System started upgrade via clover "Install High Sierra... etc" And rebooted
    • But then became the 2nd problem
  • 2nd problem was that for some reason (Not sure if this is with ivy-bridge only) but system kept crashing/restarting pretty much every try after AppleIntelE1000e.kext initialization
    • The reason for this i am not sure. But narrowed removing the kext from both /L/E and /S/L/E (Where had appeared for some reason)
    • I was also forced to boot in safe mode which eventually started the finalization of the install and booted me to desktop
    • From there it was pretty straight forward. Copied AppleIntelE1000e.kext back to /L/E and fixed permissions.
    • There wasnt any kext-edit either needed for my rx480 as right values tend to be now under X42(00/50).kext.
Should make proper High Sierra boot-usb and try running rx480 with Whatevergreen.kext and Lilu to disable igp needed for boot.

Dropping the the MATS table in Clover doesn't fix the problem...
If its the installer crashing check your kernel extensions in /efi/clover/kexts/*/ and clover configuration - drop MATS and DMAR if they are there. Start a thread if you can't get it to work.

Updated, but was met with KP. Replaced apfs.efi in Clover as well as the latest bootloader. Managed to boot into HS once from USB. Copied apfs.efi and bootloader over to my system EFI. Reboot, and now I'm stuck on AptioFix error again. I've been running Beta 4 for the last 2 weeks, with probably 50 boots and restarts, all successful. I'm using OsxAptioFixDrv -64 and Test2-2016.

I don't want to tinker with my setup too much, so any advise on what the new High Sierra wants?

This is the first time I've had a problem with an install of OS X. The install makes it through stage 1 and 2, but then on the boot it halts with:
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

This is on a Gigabyte B75 MB and an Nvidia GT440 fermi video card. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

I have the same problem.
Can’t seem to find an answer, of what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back