Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use can use Disk Utility. Show all disks, partition, remove the extra partition and grow your boot volume into the space.

Disk Utility doesn't show the Recovery HD(s). From googling it looks like the only way to remove it is to backup -> erase entire disk -> restore. Don't know that I'm up for that right now.

I was able to mount the Recovery HD with diskutil mount /dev/disk0s3 (probably typical). There are three folders in Recovery HD: "com.apple.boot.P", "com.apple.recovery.boot" and "System". The first two have boot.efi files in them. "System" also has a boot.efi, but it's a bit buried.

Disk Utility doesn't show the Recovery HD(s). From googling it looks like the only way to remove it is to backup -> erase entire disk -> restore. Don't know that I'm up for that right now.

I was able to mount the Recovery HD with diskutil mount /dev/disk0s3 (probably typical). There are three folders in Recovery HD: "com.apple.boot.P", "com.apple.recovery.boot" and "System". The first two have boot.efi files in them. "System" also has a boot.efi, but it's a bit buried.
Maybe diskutil might allow it.
Code:
sudo diskutil unmount disk0s3
sudo diskutil erasevolume FREE untitled disk0s3

Had similar issues with some upgrades and found this most helpful. Hope it helps you too.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/

Thank you! This should be pinned somewhere in the beginning. Everything went smoothly, works like a charm!
Agreed. I used your instructions and it worked perfectly. You should add the link to nvidia web drivers too.

I've inadvertently updated without removing the web drivers... now it just reboots when booting up (presumably it's this famous kernel panic). Any advice on how to solve it? Is there a way to disable (or manually uninstall) the Nvidia web drivers? nv_disable=1 as boot argument just create a loading icon that spins forever

Experiencing the exact same symptoms. Read through all the posts, but don't see anything addressing this specific issue. Any thoughts on how to remedy?

For me worked like this:
1. Update through App store, after installing had freez on reboot.
2. Turn off PC and took away GPU (GTX 1080)
3. Turn on and finish istallation.
4. Update Nvidia driver
5. Shut down and put GPU back
6. Turn on and everything OK!

Hi everyone,

I finally did this update and everything is find except when I restart/start my computer :
I have a dual boot Windows 10/MacOs and since I did the supplement upgrade I have have a Bios failure each time and can't boot directly on Clover screen.
I have to go to my bios setup and select manually the UEFI to get into clover boot,

I did replace the apsf.efi file in CLOVER and everything mention here and I tried to reinstall Clover via Clover Configurator but nothing work.
I still have "boot macos install prebooter ..." in my clover screen too, is this normal ?
I don't know what to do for resolving this issue.

Can anyone help me please ?

For me worked like this:
1. Update through App store, after installing had freez on reboot.
2. Turn off PC and took away GPU (GTX 1080)
3. Turn on and finish istallation.
4. Update Nvidia driver
5. Shut down and put GPU back
6. Turn on and everything OK!

The above worked, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back