Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangely the default drive for Clover is now the Carbon Copy Cloner slice again. Also iTunes is crashing frequently on this new update.
Change the name and/or GUID of the backup partition, turn off option(s) in CCC that copy these from source to destination if enabled, and specify either a unique name or a unique GUID of your source partition for DefaultVolume in config.plist

****ed my system with this update, had to restore the backup.
Will wait for future updates.

Hello,

I am quite a relative noob when it comes to this Hackintosh stuff.

I just installed High Sierra when it came out a few days ago and it is working fine on my machine and everything is up and going.

I just saw there is a new supplemental update and I have tried to install it, but the I can't get past the install screen after it reboots. I have selected the "Install High Sierra Boot Option", but it does not get into the install screen... it just hangs there indefinitely.

I have a ASUS PRIME Z270-A motherboard with the Realtek S1220A sound card.

As I said, everything works fine, but I am hanging here. I have tried the update itself as well as downloaded the new High Sierra image from the App Store and get the same result.

I have removed the Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext from the CLOVER/kexts/other directory to see if this is the problem, but it still occurs.

IMG_7836.JPG

Can anyone help? I'm stuck... :(

Can't seem to update. After it downloads from the App Store and reboots, I choose the Install MacOS Partition and I get the White Apple logo on a black screen and the progress bar freezes at about 50%. I can hard reboot and choose the main partition to get back to the desktop, but no update was applied. So...I am screwed for taking future updates until I can figure this out.

Note: I upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra and I am on APFS

I also have a similar problem it seems... and I am stuck as well. :(

I also have a similar problem it seems... and I am stuck as well. :(
I had the same issue, with loop error "kextd stalled (AppleAcpiCpu)".
By booting with the USB key i used to install High Sierra (so with minimal kexts), it booted OK and could install the update.

Last edited:
I've installed HS on my SSD leaving HFS+. This update auto-convert my system partition to APFS or leave it untouched?

Can't seem to update. After it downloads from the App Store and reboots, I choose the Install MacOS Partition and I get the White Apple logo on a black screen and the progress bar freezes at about 50%. I can hard reboot and choose the main partition to get back to the desktop, but no update was applied. So...I am screwed for taking future updates until I can figure this out.

Note: I upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra and I am on APFS

Just figured it out perhaps from my machine... I didn't need the FakeSMC.kext for my build initially and then saw that someone kinda mentioned it. I installed to CLOVER/kexts/other and it worked... at least it seems like it did. I don't have the update in the AppStore anymore. I will also check my APFS version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back