Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
DO NOT INSTALL if you use nvidia web drivers. nvidia web drivers incompatible. You will go into a kernel panic loop from nvidia drivers i they are present after installing this update. Even if you disable them in options. Thank god I had a full cloned backup, so I can now uninstall them completely to make make volume bootable again.

Yes, I just discovered this as well - I had ensured I had a TM backup and simply restored.

It all went smoothly on another of my hacks which uses a GT740 that does not use the Web drivers.

DO NOT INSTALL if you use nvidia web drivers. nvidia web drivers incompatible. You will go into a kernel panic loop from nvidia drivers i they are present after installing this update. Even if you disable them in options. Thank god I had a full cloned backup, so I can now uninstall them completely to make make volume bootable again.

The panic looks like this FYI

*** Panic Report ***
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff801a98a611):
Try to boot with nv_disable=1 and untick 'use webdriver' on Clover Bootscreen. If it's booting, you're able to install new web driver when available.

My Hackintosh contains of OS=Maverics, Motherboard Z97xUD3H, corsair ram 4X2=8GB, Intel i7 4th gen i4770k processor. So for that which would be the better graphic card. And for upgrade again I have to through the unibeast process or clover process. I am confused plz reply.

I would like to know if this 10.13 supplemental update converts HFS+ ssd to apfs automatically. Because i still use HFS+ on my ssd..

I would like to know if this 10.13 supplemental update converts HFS+ ssd to apfs automatically. Because i still use HFS+ on my ssd..
no, it doesn't convert to APFS

If you build a hackintosh, its imperative to have a working BOOTABLE backup copy of your system drive. I use CCC and make sure its bootable before doing any updates! disconnect all your drives and make sure you can boot off the USB backup drive before proceeding with ANY macOS update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back