Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I accidentally updated it before reading this!!! :(
I am using webdrivers with my gtx 1060 6gb so now I've got the kernel panic loop!
I've used CarbonCopyCloner before updating to High Sierra. Can you tell me the steps to restore my sistem from the CCC backup?

I went here used the script in the second reply and every works great.

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...ou_use_nvidia_web_drivers_dont_install_macos/

Ok. Finally I figure it out how to install update to APFS system.

If you install all kext to L/E or S/L/E on post installation process especially primary kext such as FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsFixup and Lilu(this is for my system cause I don't have discrete Graphics Card) you must to move it back these kexts to CLOVER/kext/others. Then remove the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi if you are using it. Otherwise you will get this error when you choose "Boot MacOS Install from High Sierra"

View attachment 283462

After complete these kext things download manual installer or install update from Appstore. First restart you must to choose "Boot MacOS Install from High Sierra" (Clover choose this automatically, if not choose manually.) You will see now High Sierra installer wait, its finish in couple of minutes then restart automatically on this second restart you must to choose your Primary HD I mean "Boot MacOS from High Sierra" (Clover choose this automatically too, if not choose manually again) now installer finish second stage of update and you will boot without any problem.

View attachment 283465

Mission Complete :headbang:
thanks for sharing this
u saved my Hackintosh :)

Ive got NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4 GB listed in the overview of "About this Mac", are there any drivers below that I don't need, (I'm not sure if I accidentally selected web drivers at some stage in the boot options)

/System/Library/Extensions
GeForce.kext
GeForceGLDriver.bundle
GeForceMTLDriver.bundle
GeForceTesla.kext
GeForceTeslaGLDriver.bundle
GeForceTeslaVADriver.bundle
GeForceVADriver.bundle
NVDAGF100Hal.kext
NVDAGK100Hal.kext
NVDANV50HalTesla.kext
NVDAResman.kext
NVDAResmanTesla.kext
NVDAStartup.kext

nothing Nvidia related in /Library/Extensions/

Just read the support document, at the very end states "New downloads of macOS High Sierra 10.13 include the security content of the macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update.". Over on Macrumours they're getting 13.0.66 (the previous installer, 13.0.64?).

I have no idea if this now means we also need a new version of Clover as well as WebDrivers? We already have the apfs.efi posted.

I cannot personally verify there *is* a new installer, now in Windows, only passing on what I read in the document and on other forums.

Good luck.
No new Clover required just swap out apfs.efi with the new one. My upgrade went extremely smooth after having taken the necessary precautions with the wed drivers, took just under 30 mins. excluding download time. Just waiting for Nvidia to deliver as well. Hint: I kick started the installation of 17A405 with the assistance of my 17A365 install USB.
Cheers

Updated to 17A405 without any problems.
This is a ethernet only, so therefore no Messages, FaceTime, AirDrop
What do you mean. I am also only on Ethernet and I have all of that. My 5G WiFi network comprises of 3 Fritz Box 7490 hotspots. WiFi traffic , iPads and iPhones and Apple TV4's is seen by any other device on my 40 node single flat network.
Everything works like a dream.

No new Clover required just swap out apfs.efi with the new one. My upgrade went extremely smooth after having taken the necessary precautions with the wed drivers, took just under 30 mins. excluding download time. Just waiting for Nvidia to deliver as well. Hint: I kick started the installation of 17A405 with the assistance of my 17A365 install USB.
Cheers
should uninstall webdriver before updating?????

DO NOT INSTALL if you use nvidia web drivers. nvidia web drivers incompatible. You will go into a kernel panic loop from nvidia drivers i they are present after installing this update. Even if you disable them in options. Thank god I had a full cloned backup, so I can now uninstall them completely to make make volume bootable again.

The panic looks like this FYI

*** Panic Report ***
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff801a98a611): Kernel trap at 0xffffff7f9fc45158, type 14=page fault, registers:
CR0: 0x0000000080010033, CR2: 0x0000000000000020, CR3: 0x00000007dfbd8027, CR4: 0x00000000001627e0

Strangely, I never get this problem. With my GeForce GTX 770 I get a warning the the system booted with OSX default graphics driver but that's it. It boots just fine so that you can proceed to update the NVIDIA driver or fix the Plist to fool the driver to load if the new one is not avaliable. I just did the supplemental update without reading these posts.... Lucky me, got scared just by reading them.

Last edited:
I have a second bootable drive in my box, thankfully, (SSD vs NVMe) and was able to manually uninstall the drivers..

In Library/Extensions, and System/Library/Extensions, delete NVDA* & Geforce*

This allowed me to boot back up with no issues, other than not accelerated, and only one monitor, obviously... anxiously waiting on new drivers.. :p
What kexts did you delete exactly? I have a secondary machine i can use to delete them. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back