Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina final version 10/7 clean install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trs96 I already tried adding in the kexts other folder mounting the EFI with clover configurator Fake SMS and Ethernet kexts with no luck I also tried putting them in all 3 last folders 15, off, others with no luck. My mainboard is: ASUS p8z68-v lx. Intel processor With Mojave installation last year the installation went smoothly

I already tried adding in the kexts other folder mounting the EFI with clover configurator Fake SMS and Ethernet kexts with no luck I also tried putting them in all 3 last folders 15, off, others with no luck.
Why don't you zip up your Clover folder (compress it) from the USB installer and attach it here for review.

While trying to do clean install following exactly instructions from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...catalina-public-beta-installation-usb.278188/ I finally managed to pass the error of circle with line across, the usb Is loading but now stuck with the apple logo while the line reached the end but stacked there, see photo, I’m attaching also verbose mode photo. In my computer I have only 1 empty hard disk that I formatted and would like to install Catalina there, any solution to get to the installer screen? Mainboard: ASUS p8z68-v lx. Intel processor Graphic: Nvidia GeForce GT 710, Thanks

Attachments

• AD1B6579-F5A6-4906-A715-83BAF3C9921F.jpeg
    AD1B6579-F5A6-4906-A715-83BAF3C9921F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • 74FB6B92-4B05-46F7-800F-8D004E2CDAE7.jpeg
    74FB6B92-4B05-46F7-800F-8D004E2CDAE7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I Finally managed to clean install Catalina, now I’m having issues as my Nvidia GeForce gt 710 resolution that was very good and recognized by Mojave is not in Catalina, I have no internet and Catalina boots only with the help of the USB, any solution for this? Thanks

I'm a bit confused as to what the structure of the installation USB should be. Mine has the "Install macOS Catalina" file (8.09GB) which I copied to it, and an "EFI-Backups" directory that appears to be empty, which looks like it was added when I ran Clover 4961. I manually added Clover Configurator and MultiBeast (9.20) so that I'd have some utilities when I got up and running, and I added Lilu.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to the root of the USB as well. I can get to the installer no problem, but after 20 minutes or so it does a reboot, and after about a minute continuing the installation the system freezes, with a bunch of horizontal pink lines on the screen.

OK, I'm an idiot. I used Clover Config. to mount the EFI partition, then went to the kext/other directory and added the 3 kexts plus downloaded and added FakeSMC.kext.

After doing that I was able to install no problem. However, MultiBeast failed. If I look at the EFI folder on the Catalina drive it only has an "Apple" folder.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

Last edited:
If I look at the EFI folder on the Catalina drive it only has an "Apple" folder.
What choices did you make in Multibeast ? Did you actually get a Multibeast Failed message or did it complete ?

No, I got an actual fail message. It says I can check the log for the message, but I'm not sure where the log is to check.

No, I got an actual fail message. It says I can check the log for the message, but I'm not sure where the log is to check.
Log contents are found in the Console application

~/Library/Logs/MultiBeast.log

/var/log/install.log

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 9.17.16 AM.png

This is what I get when trying to use MultiBeast. There is no MultiBeast.log file in "Logs".

Edit:
Here's what I found in Console . . .
10/27/19 09:24:34 - Starting MultiBeast 11.3.0-4
10/27/19 09:26:43 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode'
10/27/19 09:26:49 - Install of 'Clover_v2.4k_r4934-UEFI.pkg' failed.
'installer: Package name is Clover v2.4k r4934 tonymacx86 UEFI
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. The package is attempting to install content to the system volume.)
'. Exiting.

Do I need a newer version of Clover?? The Clover 5097 installer says that it's not compatible with this OS version.

Last edited:
is there any graphics driver for Nvidia geforce chipset or any common graphics driver for mac catalina?
I have Gigabyte GT710 graphics card
Also bydefault ethernet not working i have to use USB lan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back