Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina final version 10/7 clean install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS p8z68-v lx.
CPU
i3 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
I have downloaded the latest final version 10/7 Catalina from the App Store and I would like to perform clean install on my hackintosh does anybody knows the sudo command To create a macOS Catalina installation USB not the beta but the final version for clean install? Or perhaps someone who managed to clean install and can post the whole Procedure with post installation Thanks

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --nointeraction

Either name your usb stick ‘USB’ or change USB in the command to what your usb drive is called
It will be renamed “Install macOS Catalina”

if it fails use 16GB stick
Mine was 8.1 GB without tools etc

Last edited:
Foster thank you so much I formatted the USB stick and named it USB I will try to create the install macOS Catalina USB with this command

Last edited:
Foster, I was thinking perhaps to do it with unibeast mojave then I will not have to worry about the clover EFI will it work? Cause unibeast Catalina is not available on the website yet Please let me know if it’s not possible then I will just do it with the sudo command. Thanks

Last edited:
Foster, I was thinking perhaps to do it with unibeast mojave then I will not have to worry about the clover EFI will it work? Cause unibeast Catalina is not available on the website yet Please let me know if it’s not possible then I will just do it with the sudo command. Thanks
For Catalina don't use Unibeast Mojave. Use createinstallmedia method. The USB drive should be named USB. Catalina.app should be in your Applications folder.

Then run the r4961 Clover installer. Available from Downloads -> Clover Builds. Choose the specific drivers your system needs.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app --nointeraction

Foster thanks I will use sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app --nointeraction
To create the install usb and then I will install clover r4961 into the USB, is there a link with a picture what kexts to choose with clover to install to make the usb bootable? Thanks

Last edited:
You will need same kexts but latest versions and efi drivers you use to boot Mojave
Unibeast for Mojave wont work for Catalina
Multibeast will be helpful as well as kexts: Lilu, AppleALC, WhateverGreen
Use the bare minimum of kexts
Also if you update to clover 2.5k versions >5000 efi drivers are relocated
I use clover 5093 and only about 7 kexts in kexts/other

clover r4961 into the USB went smoothly there was nothing I could choose from it already chose for me but restarting and
trying to install after 3 seconds I get circle with line across symbol

Attachments

• macos-startup-screen-prohibitory.jpg
    macos-startup-screen-prohibitory.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 191
clover r4961 into the USB went smoothly there was nothing I could choose from it already chose for me but restarting and
trying to install after 3 seconds I get circle with line across symbol
boot verbose then take a pic

I deleted the EFI from the USB and just installed from clover configurator clover 5070 when I go to the usb EFI kexts other I don't see any kexts there also not fake SMC folder completely empty, can you please post zip file with the kexts that you installed in the USB kexts folder, others just to be able to install Catalina. on the website when I go to downloads kexts I see
FakeSMC 2017-12-07. I suppose its the latest one, will it be alright for Catalina?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back