Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
With the release of macOS Catalina 10.15.0 you'll probably need a port-limit removal patch to begin your USB configuration on a new build.

Here it is:

PLRP-1.png

As you can see we only need two patches for Catalina as opposed to four, for Mojave.

Line 1 -

Name*: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
Find*: 83FB0F0F
Replace*: 83FB3F0F

Line 2 -

Name* com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find*: 83F90F0F
Replace*: 83F93F0F

Remember you will need USBInjectAll.kext installed to enable this to work.

:)

(Due credit given to previous patch discoverers: pmheart, daliansky and @ydeng )

Last edited:
I got the usb3.0 port problem. And audio port problem. How to solve this. Please help me in little detail. I don't understand find and replace. Should we do that in bbedit or clover configurator OR terminal? How to do this. Please just tell me the steps I will explore and make it.

Thank you in advance.

I got the usb3.0 port problem. And audio port problem. How to solve this. Please help me in little detail. I don't understand find and replace. Should we do that in bbedit or clover configurator OR terminal? How to do this. Please just tell me the steps I will explore and make it.

Thank you in advance.

Hi there.

1) How to enter Find/Replace = Check out the screen-grab. Click on it to make it larger.

2) What is the "usb3.0 port problem" ? Have you read the configuration Guides + here?

2) For a specific problem start your own thread with more detail so others can help, after you've read the guides :thumbup:

With the release of macOS Catalina 10.15.0 you'll probably need a port-limit removal patch to begin your USB configuration on a new build.

Here it is:

View attachment 430312

As you can see we only need two patches for Catalina as opposed to four, for Mojave.

Line 1 -

Line 2 -

(Due credit given to previous patch discoverers: pmheart, daliansky and @ydeng )
It worked.

Thank you so much :)

Here it is:

View attachment 430312

Line 1 -

Line 2 -

It worked for me. Thank you.

And since it bears repeating -- the key word here is "begin". These patches are awesome for getting your ports all mapped out, but should probably not be relied upon for long-term use. Elsewhere in the OS internals, that 15-port limit is a fixed size array and these blow past the boundaries of them; once you can see all your ports you should follow the guide linked above by UtterDisbelief to get yourself down to 15 ports only. :)

Back