Contribute
Register

macOS Catalina 10.15.0 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update progress for me:

1. Downloaded
2. Restarted
3. Pressed F3 to select Boot Install from MacOS (because of I have another boot devices in my system)
4. Booted and black screen
5. I just wait...
6. Restarted and I select Boot Install from MacOS just like step 3
7. Booted and black screen again
8. I just waited a bit longer...
9. Restarted and Boot Install From MacOS disappeared from clover.
10. I select Boot from MacOS
11. Unchecked Enable Siri and Next
12. By build number is as same as: https://developer.apple.com/news/releases/?id=10152019c
13. Update is Success

Screen Shot 1398-07-26 at 10.07.21.png

Nice and smooth here as well.
There is another 10 minutes of update after you reach the macOS login screen. Just like Catalina.

A strange one this. A few restarts, black screens, but, in the end, got there.

I'm guessing a standalone macOS Catalina 10.15.0 Supplemental Update will not be released, so you will need to download the Catalina installer that has the supplemental update rolled in.

Loading bar took a little longer to finish. On Update screen I first thought it got stuck (20min remaining and no disk usage LED), just waited and it eventually finished with a graceful restart. Update "partition" disappeared immediately. Running Clover v5097.

Loading bar took a little longer to finish. On Update screen I first thought it got stuck (20min remaining and no disk usage LED), just waited and it eventually finished with a graceful restart. Update "partition" disappeared immediately. Running Clover v5097.

Same here. Strange that there was no hard drive activity. I too thought it was frozen..

No problems updating with my configuration. No interaction with the update was required. I experienced 3 restarts and extended periods with no disk activity. I believe this supplemental update took longer than upgrading from Mojave to Catalina. Patience is key.

hi and congrats but, where is the link for Supplemental Update??
All what I got 10.15.1 b2 from soft updates.

hi and congrats but, where is the link for Supplemental Update??
All what I got 10.15.1 b2 from soft updates.
It's normally published here:

But, the Supplemental Update hasn't shown up, yet. It's probably not going to be listed on that page because it's a update to 10.15.0 dealing with installation. So, it's been incorporated into the 10.15.0 full installer.

Updated to macOS Catalina with the Supplemental Update.
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 6.15.19 PM.png

The only problems encountered:

1) Bluetooth stopped working. A bit of searching on the web shows that 10.15 requires different kexts (BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext)

2) Logitech keyboard stopped working. Required an upgrade to the latest version of the Logitech Control Center for Mac (version 3.9.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back