Motherboard
Asus P5P41TED
CPU
E8500
Graphics
GeForce 6200
Mobile Phone
Other
By the way, for those who do not know, the repository for the official Clover has moved from SourceForge to GitHub, in here https://github.com/CloverHackyColor . It seems the Clover team has picked up also the development of FakeSMC with the plugins and HWMonitor (they were not updated since last year by RehabMan), but Slice, the main Clover developer, also took over the Realtek ethernet kext, Voodoo PS2 kext (it does not work on all hardware, I sticked with the last year version from RehabMan) and a Chameleon version for some legacy hardware, in here https://github.com/SergeySlice I strongly advice everyone to use the latest Clover (latest version 5097) and FakeSMC for Catalina, in order to avoid certain issues.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
iOS
Successfully upgraded my HP ProBook 450 G4 to Catalina (supplemental update) today. After installing the Catalina compatible Broadcom BlueTooth kexts, everything seems to be working as expected.

-bth

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 7.42.21 PM.png

Motherboard
H310M S2H 2.0
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have installed first version of the supplemental update. I did not receive the second one because the first was installed fine (a clean install), so I have downloaded the updated Catalina app, re-created the pen drive and made a new fresh install, to get the latest Catalina.
How did you download the latest Install macOs Catalina.app?

Last edited:
Motherboard
H310M S2H 2.0
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
iOS
App Store. The Install macOS Catalina.app has been updated.
I have no Install macOS Catalina.app in Applications. When I try to download a macOS.app from App Store by hitting Get button on macOS Catalina page, it forwards me to Software Update preferences pane and I get message Update not found.
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 15.55.15.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus P5P41TED
CPU
E8500
Graphics
GeForce 6200
Mobile Phone
Other
I have no Install macOS Catalina.app in Applications. When I try to download a macOS.app from App Store by hitting Get button on macOS Catalina page, it forwards me to Software Update preferences pane and I get message Update not available.
View attachment 432330
What System Definitions (SMBIOS) do you use?
As I see, Apple has changed some things during the last 24 hours, as I see on Macrumors forums. This may be the cause that blocks some downloads.

Motherboard
H310M S2H 2.0
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
iOS
What System Definitions (SMBIOS) do you use?
As I see, Apple has changed some things during the last 24 hours, as I see on Macrumors forums. This may be the cause that blocks some downloads.
I use iMac19,1.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi All,

Yesterday I upgraded a clone of my Mojave Desktop System (White Knight build in my Sig) to the latest Catalina Release.

Catalina-Test.png

Prior to running the installer I updated Clover to r5097 and the WhatEverGreen and AppleALC kexts to the latest release.
All other 3rd party kexts including Lilu where already at the latest versions.

I did not make any changes to my config.plist and left all my 3rd party kexts in /L/E, the only kext I have in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other is FakeSMC.

I obtained the Catalina installer via the App Store which then redirects to System Preferences -> Software Update. Once the installer had downloaded (8.3 GB !!) I performed a direct update from Mojave to Catalina. The update ran perfectly requiring the usual three reboots, no black screens during installation.

Total install time was around 40 mins as the clone i was updating is on a 2TB HDD
Everything seems to be working just fine ....

Still using UsbInjectAll + SSDT-UIAC to define my USB2 and USB3 ports, all ports working well.

I use Hackintool to disable GateKeeper and flag the System Drive as R/W as detailed in this post, which has allowed me to remove a unused / unneeded / non-compatible apps, daemons, launch agents .. etc. Hackintool is also very good for maintaining 3rd party kexts in /L/E when running Catalina (see the kext guide for more info)

I don't think i'll be moving to Catalina as my daily driver just yet as I still use a few 32bit apps which i need to find alternatives for but good to know the the update will work ok when/if the time comes.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus ROG Z390-E
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I tried the update but I got a black screen on reboot. So far I can only boot into CCC backup.

Interestingly enough, I tried a fresh install of the latest Catalina Download and it stalls at "11 minutes remaining". Not sure if these 2 problems are related.

Any ideas? Radeon RX580. Latest Lilu + WEG. Worked fine prior to updating.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z360 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
I just realized, after updating, the little colored lines that showed up before, across the top of the boot screen, are gone.