Contribute
Register

macOS 12.3 Update Causes Problems for 5700/6800/6900 Graphics Cards

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 18.25.31.png

@tedyun
Would you mind sharing how did you manage to read the ROM file to extract the PowerPlay Table?
I did use in the past radeon_bios_decode, but I am getting this error when I use it:

rhdAtomGetDataTable: No AtomBios signature found

Thank you very much.

Hi @mmaira

I basically followed the video linked in this post.

I have a dual boot system, so I did all the ROM dumping and BIOS decoding in the Windows side. I used GPU-Z to extract the BIOS, AtomBIOSReader to get the address for the sPPT, then HxD Editor to open and copy the sPPT table from the BIOS.

First it is spelt shikigva not shikgva. Secondly I understand shikigva was deprecated from Big Sur 11 onwards.

Going forwards your only options are not that many but as you have a RX 560, you could try some of the listed AMD overrides in the link given by StefanAM (on the bottom of the page) and see if they enable Fairplay.
Thank you. But I got around the problem by using SMBIOS MacPro7,1 and creating CPUFriend kext for better power management. All is good now!

Last edited:
@Midphase - I'm not sure, and I don't want to give you the wrong advice.

The best thing to do is to contact the manufacturers directly.

That being said, @taconugget used the Sapphire, and it worked out of the box. It appears that it is recognized as a 73BF card or an XT.

A quick Google search pulled up a discussion on overclock, and a person contacted Sapphire who confirmed it was an XTX card.
Yes I own this:

Sapphire NITRO+ AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT SE GAMING OC Graphics Card With 16GB GDDR6 HDMI / TRIPLE DP

Worked out of the box with @CaseySJ EFI.

System information displays as such:
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 16 GB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x73bf
Revision ID: 0x00c0
Metal Family: Supported, Metal GPUFamily macOS 2

device_id string .. for amd radeon rx6900xt is??

0x73BF for all Navi21 RX 6800/6900 (XT), except RX 6900 XTXH (0x73AF) which must be spoofed to 0x73BF.

device_id string .. for amd radeon rx6900xt is??

If you're using OpenCore, the entry should be

device-id data BF730000

Note that it is a "dash" and not "underscore" with device-id and "data" and not "string"

If you have an XT, it should work out of the box.

I also had same issue earlier.

I changed Misc-->Security-->SecureBootModel to Default from Disabled.

After this change in config file, I got the automatic updates in SysPref.
I just saw this and made the change and when the next update happens, I will let you know if it's a success. Thank you! :)

If you're using OpenCore, the entry should be

device-id data BF730000

Note that it is a "dash" and not "underscore" with device-id and "data" and not "string"

If you have an XT, it should work out of the box.
tnx for answ..:)))

i ask for that ..
Radeon 6900 (Edit: This should be Belknap but people have had success with Carswell; 2022-03-27 Edit: It sounds like people are having better results when adding the device_id string):

Last edited:
Back