Contribute
Register

macOS 12.3 Update Causes Problems for 5700/6800/6900 Graphics Cards

I think getting an SSDT to work with an eGPU isn’t possible because the ACPI path is dynamically assigned when you plug it in. There was someone who was trying to do this with an XTXH card and I don’t think he was able to get it to work.

Hopefully you have an XT card. If you can’t update to 12.3.1, then try the config.plist framebuffer injection. I’m not sure that works with an eGPU, but I am pretty sure that’s your only option (aside from updating, which addresses the eGPU situation). Good luck!
someone sends me his EFI folder and he told that it work... i will try and report...tnx for yor time

So confirmed, safe to update to 12.3.1 with an AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT? I have a Gigabyte Aorus, and avoided 12.3, because everyone said it bricked 6000-series GPU performance.
how you mean "everyone said it bricked 6000-series GPU performance"..brikedn is mean lock your hardware

someone sends me his EFI folder and he told that it work... i will try and report...tnx for yor time
if its daydog that sent the efi that's for nuc 10 rx 5700 xt not 6900 xtxh

if its daydog that sent the efi that's for nuc 10 rx 5700 xt not 6900 xtxh
i do not have 6900xtxh but 6900xt.. and my main problem is not how to use framebuffer injection but when i reboot/restart my nuc my nuc start with iGpu and not eGpu

i do not have 6900xtxh but 6900xt.. and my main problem is not how to use framebuffer injection but when i reboot/restart my nuc my nuc start with iGpu and not eGpu
if you use that efi that was sent you it as the switch-to-external-gpu. so if you got igpu and egpu at same time it should automatically switch to just egpu only hope it helps.

if you use that efi that was sent you it as the switch-to-external-gpu. so if you got igpu and egpu at same time it should automatically switch to just egpu only hope it helps.
i hope to.. because i lost my main:(
can you exp. me more, how to do it
switch-to-external-gpu .. use data or string and what i need to do..please

i hope to.. because i lost my main:(
can you exp. me more, how to do it
switch-to-external-gpu .. use data or string and what i need to do..please
Yes DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)<--this is where your IGPU is so you add switch-to-external-gpu Data 01000000-->because you can't boot with just EGPU ON Mac Min --> so you boot with both attached then just before.Mac Osx desktop --> switch-to-external-gpu kicks in and your left with just EGPU--> And no IGPU

Yes DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)<--this is where your IGPU is so you add switch-to-external-gpu Data 01000000-->because you can't boot with just EGPU ON Mac Min --> so you boot with both attached then just before.Mac Osx desktop --> switch-to-external-gpu kicks in and your left with just EGPU--> And no IGPU
tnx bro for that:)

btw.. what DeviceProperties, .kext and SSDT you use for 6900xt gpu??

None I only need the switch-to-external-gpu to switch off IGPU

Back