Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to Clover 5118 from 5117. Lilu to 1.4.4 and 2 reboots later the beast was back up on 10.15.5.

Easy update.

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 6.46.43 PM.png

Edit:

Just re-ran Geekbench 5 to see if anything changed and while the CPU is within it's averages, the Radeon VII seems to have gotten a little boost in both Metal and OpenCL from the new drivers.

Top 2 results are 10.15.5, bottom 2 are 10.15.4.

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 7.01.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 7.04.02 PM.png

Last edited:
Success! Updated with latest Clover and kexts. I'm wondering that do your fans spin at max speed during the update too?

Also Clover didn't select the correct boot entry and selected Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot. But update completed.

Code:
 === [ FindStartupDiskVolume ] ===================
   - Volume: partition = PciRoot...
    - searching for that partition
    - found entry 1. 'Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot', Volume 'Preboot'
Boot redirected to Entry 1. 'Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot'

Just a week ago I did a fresh install of 10.15.4 while converting top OpenCore 0.5.8. And 10.15.5 went very smooth. Took only 10-12 minutes :thumbup:
Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 05.51.17.png

Downloaded update, two restarts. Video on NVIDIA Geforce GTX660 Ti is almost perfect finally. Running a Ga-X99-UD3P with a Xenon ES-4655 V3.
Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 12.22.36 AM.png

I started out by checking the status of Lilu and friends with:

kextstat | egrep -i \(alc\|lilu\|green\)

and got:

Lilu (1.4.4)
AppleALC (1.4.9)
WhateverGreen (1.3.9)

So I started the updater from the appstore and left it on its own.
This morning it was sleeping peacefully and I checked that everything was OK.

With OpenCore (v 0.5.8) this update was the most simple that I have ever tried.

They said the water's warm... and they said it right. Running Clover 5118, just hit update and 26 easy minutes after, bingo. All perfectly smooth AND this update fixed the App Store problem I was having! Now I can log in and download apps just fine. What a great evening, cheers!

Captura de Tela 2020-05-28 às 03.45.14.png

Easy update. worked for me on my
ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | i5-4690 | AMD RX 5700 XT MECH OC | 10.15.5

Did the update entirely from System Preferences/Software Update and installed without a hitch as far as booting/functionality.

The ONLY problem I had was on the last restart my Clover screen and boot screen contents were displaying HUGE and stretched-out, as if my Radeon drivers were not loading. But after the Clover screen and boot process everything was as it should have been once at the Catalina login screen and into Catalina. Strange... I changed nothing. :crazy:

Opened Clover config, reset the boot resolution, saved .config, rebooted, everything was perfect again.

All said and done, easy and stress-free update!

Smoothest update for awhile. Updated directly from 10.15.4 Supplemental using Clover 5107.

After having problems with previous Catalina updates, a couple weeks ago I decided to rebuild my system with the latest UniBeast 10.1.0 and MultiBeast 12.1.0. All went smoothly with that and I realized then that the key issue I had missed by not reading up here was the change from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC. I caught the need to move kexts out of /Library/Extensions to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other but I missed that. With the latest WhateverGreen.kext, I was able to change my system definition back to iMac 18,2 and see both my built-in Intel HD 630 and RX 580 displaying in the System Report. I have not tried plugging a monitor into the HD 630, but I don’t have to disable it in BIOS and it can run the Geekbench Compute Benchmark.

System appears to be faster, more responsive with last couple of updates.

Thanks again for all the contributors to this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back