Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated via system preferences. Running smooth. No problems.
Z77mxd3h
i5 3570k
Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4GB
8GB DDR3
Update took 3 restarts and ±20min
Fullscreen_2020-01-30_20_12.png

Last edited:
Hello,

Capture d’écran 2020-01-30 à 20.03.57.png

Update via system preferences.
Blind update until last reboot... even with agdpmod=pikera

All seems to be ok.

Blender with radeon pro render run very very fast in viewport without artefacts :thumbup:!!!

I did as instructed, I updated my kexts and moved my /L/E/ folder kexts to EFI/clover/kexts/others, and then
updated my HP 8300 to 10.15.3. It was a smooth update with no issues at all. It took me about 10 to 20 min and done! :)

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.23.34 PM.png

Last edited:
I did as instructed, I updated my kexts and moved my /L/E/ folder kexts to EFI/clover/kexts/others, and then
updated my HP 8300 to 10.15.3. It was a smooth update with no issues at all. It took me about 10 to 20 min and done! :)

View attachment 447526
star trek :)

:headbang:Everything works excellent
Ekran Resmi 2020-01-31 01.15.39.png

Backed up my 10.15.2 installation - of course. Checked my /L/E folder and found a duplicate FakeSCM kext (deleted), a deprecated internet kext (deleted), and an old IntelMausiEthernet kext (deleted). (I was impressed with myself as I had labeled these kexts when I installed them with a red dot so that I could easily find them later.) Put new IntelMausiEthernet kext in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other, updated FakeSMC, Lilu and WateverGreen kexts that were already there. Restarted and tested O.K.

Installed Clover 5103, restarted and tested O.K. Tried replacing FakeSMC with VirtualSMC, rebooted and boot failed. Restarted from my backup and restored FakeSMC. Tested and all was well again.

Ran update from System Preferences and after several restarts and waiting... waiting... waiting... success! Overall a pretty easy update. Someday I may try again with VirtualSMC, but I might just wait for my next Hackintosh build (in the planning stage) as I am a bit busy at the moment.

When you use VirtualSMC, you have two files: an .kext and an .efi Driver. Same as Fakesmc (whoch has beside the .kext ) also an SMCHelper.efi driver. Please use always only one bundle (.kext+ efi) never mix them and remove aways both (.kext + .efi) if you switch to other SMC method.

Updated through System Preferences and installed 3 reboots without any problem.
z77a-g41 - i5-3570K - Radeon RX 560
Catalina.png

Last edited:
Updates without issues. Followed Stork's advice and moved all Hackintosh kexts to /Other/ folder. Computers feels more responsive after this update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back