Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine just super fine, after two reboots everything went nice and smooth, using Clover 5098 and lastest L/W/A kexts... I am glad to report that my cheap nvme a Toshiba NVME Pcie 2X works a lot better, I had problems before with the performance it works better... and the RX 5700 XT works better, too. In general I feel the system more stable.

Captura de Pantalla 2019-12-12 a la(s) 05.26.52.png

Mine just super fine, after two reboots everything went nice and smooth, using Clover 5098 and lastest L/W/A kexts... I am glad to report that my cheap nvme a Toshiba NVME Pcie 2X works a lot better, I had problems before with the performance it works better... and the RX 5700 XT works better, too. In general I feel the system more stable.

View attachment 440032

Hi Raftrix86 I have almost the same device ... except for the processor. I'm having a performance and hypertranding problem ... and it has happened to me 2 times that only the computer has restarted ... could you share your EFI?

Only from second try.
First time I received 'Storage system verify or repair failed. : (-69716)'.
But on second time there was no problems.

img-2019-12-12-13-29-14.png

It depends how your boot items are arranged in your clover boot menu. I prefer macOS to take up the leftmost position by default, to the right of that will then be "other boot options" that I cared to have configured. A macOS upgrade boot option, in this kind of scenario, will always appear in the rightmost menu position., hence the requirement to "move" to that install boot option as without doing so an upgrade will just not take place.
I prefer it this way as all my upgrades are attended upgrades by choice.

You maybe right there because that is exactly how my Clover Boot Menu is structured coupled with 'LastBootedVolume' as default shown by the attached. Thanks for the explanation.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-12 at 12.49.02.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-12 at 12.49.02.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot 2019-12-12 at 12.42.38.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-12 at 12.42.38.png
    185 KB · Views: 178
Update went smooth as butter. Also took two reboots and the completion estimate was very underestimated on the last reboot.

Easy, fast and problem-free. CCC backup, update kexts, two seamless reboots and 17 minutes later all is good.
10-15-2.jpg

I find it amazing some members having to manually choose the Install partition, I say amazing because in all the updates/upgrades (not feeling smug or particularly clever :)) I've done mine always defaults to the Install From Partition between the reboots. Still it's good to hear everyone so far had little or no probs with the installation - Happy Days :thumbup:
I had to choose the install partition also but I have a triple boot (Win 10 Pro, Ubuntu Studio and MacOS) I wonder if this is normal with people using dual or triple boots...In the case is happening with all dual/triple boots, then maybe the developers can do something with clover detecting when there is dual or triple boot to manage better the automatic updates and make them smoother..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back