Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My update stays at 10.14.5 after multiple reboots. Q: Do I only need to boot from the update installer via F12 in BIOS once, or do I need to boot from the update installer three times?

Update on my system and all ok

NUC6i5 updated... no problem. HDMi audio still working. No USB issue.

Already on Clover v2.4k_r4961, did not update.
Updated to.. Lilu v1.3.7, WhateverGreen v1.3.0 and AppleALC v.1.3.9.
Rebooted twice (Blank screen during main install)... all working OK.

My update stays at 10.14.5 after multiple reboots. Q: Do I only need to boot from the update installer via F12 in BIOS once, or do I need to boot from the update installer three times?

You need to boot into the 'Install MacOS from <mac drive>' from Clover 3 times.
Mine update went well with that.

Updated on Asus H310M + RX 570 4gb, all worked smoothly. (3 reboots)

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2019-07-23 às 17.27.34.png
    Captura de Tela 2019-07-23 às 17.27.34.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I'm on the same boat after the 10.14.6 update (black screen with HDMI on RX 580 Pulse), was working fine with kext patches that @foxbox suggested in 10.14.5.

The screen was black also while updating lol.

I can at least login remotely after boots up with my other mac, will try tonight with a Display port cable to my monitor and hopefully works that way. I prefer HDMI as it passes audio to the monitor.
See the [Edit] in my post above. Try a Combo Update download, if you previously used Software Update. Also, you need the latest versions of Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext, and Whatevergreen.kext. Remember to install with Kextbeast, otherwise they won't work properly.

Upgraded with no problems :D it works perfectly!!
Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-24 um 00.02.15.png

See the [Edit] in my post above. Try a Combo Update download, if you previously used Software Update. Also, you need the latest versions of Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext, and Whatevergreen.kext. Remember to install with Kextbeast, otherwise they won't work properly.
Thanks for the reply. I got the wrong cable, but ended up making it work with the same HDMI lol.

I used a 1.3.1 build from whatevergreen someone posted, not sure if that helped.

But basically I used the other HDMI and then everything else was with the purple tint, removed the clover settings and added them again and was still purple. Put the HDMI back to the original and boom back to normal...

In the end nothing else was different but whatevergreen 1.3.1 and me moving the cord from different HDMI ports might of fixed it.

Downloaded the final 10.14.6 (6.05 GB) from the app store
Updated Lilu v1.3.7, WhateverGreen v1.3.0 and AppleALC v.1.3.9
Clover v2.4k_r4920, did not update
Works perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back