Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked!

Updated from 10.14.1 to 10.14.2 in System Preferences. Disconnected all drives except my boot drive during the update. The system rebooted 2-3 times on its own.
  • HDMI audio and Rear Audio jacks work properly
  • IOReg shows the correct USB layout and System Profiler shows the correct bus speeds for 2.0 and 3.0 devices
I created an SSDT-UIAC for my motherboard using RehabMan Guide:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/ when I first installed Mojave.

Agree what? Only hot patch ssdt is applicable for a model

I don't what what you're talking about with a "hot" patch, but the poster I agreed with made sense.

If there was a SSDT that was tuned and worked well with a particular board, then it would be awesome for the community to be able to download and use that SSDT.

If there was a SSDT that was tuned and worked well with a particular board, then it would be awesome for the community to be able to download and use that SSDT.
For motherboards with too many ports, once an SSDT has been tuned to an actual set of ports that are in use and working - the SSDT is no longer universal as not all ports are enabled...

SP710-connections_ports.jpg

Mac Mini (2014) ports, all you needed back then.

Last edited:
Updated through System Preferences after updating to the latest Whatevergreen and Lilu kexts, no issues. Sound working fine. Smooth as silk!

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 5.20.01 PM.png

Last edited:
Very smooth update.

Recently I replaced my GTX 980 with RX 580, now I don't have to be at the mercy of Nvidia to release web driver for upgrading my OS.

smooth update.all runs fine!

I updated and I'm having same problem.. it boot only with one monitor but if I connect a second or more stays in black... never happened this before. I tried Onyx but nothing... can someone help me please?

Thanks!

Open the Terminal app and do a kext cache rebuild, that worked for me
  • sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
  • sudo kextcache -u /

I think 10.14.2 is the smoothest version of macOS for me in a long time and probably the fastest. Still though HDMI and DVI give me black screens and freeze everything when connected. it is a shame considering RX580 is officially supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back