Contribute
Register

[Solved] macOS 10.13.6 lost Bluetooth - BCM4352/20702A3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you removed Clover/kexts/Other/BrcmFirmwareData.kext and installed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /L/E?

(I take for granted you have the other required kexts installed to /L/E already)

For now i don't want to install kexts outside Clover.
On all hacks i tried do not modify OS.

so i read guide again
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
and applied EHC1->EH01 and EHC2->EH02 to config.plist
from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/master/config_patches.plist
Next installed "FakePCIID_XHCIMux" and BT works again ;)

After that port HS06(USB2) stopped working (it's on XHC list but no devices are recognizable) and i don't know why.
It's not a big problem because there is plenty of USB ports but can't understand why after added kext "FakePCIID_XHCIMux" i lost that port.

Attachments

• Gulios's Maximus iMac.ioreg
    10.4 MB · Views: 256
  • SSDT-UIAC.dsl
    4.4 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
For now i don't want to install kexts outside Clover.
On all hacks i tried do not modify OS.
I had to learn, too, that that's wrong, see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Injecting via Clover is NOT the full functionality as installing to /L/E .. esp. the repo kext MUST be installed to /L/E, otherwise it does not work in many if not most cases. RehabMan has written a lot about that. Same for all other kexts affiliated to Bluetooth, USB, PCI.

Simply highlight all your kexts with a color before you install them, so you know what's OS and what's your's. Or Apple's kexts with one and yours with another color.

I had to learn, too, that that's wrong, see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Injecting via Clover is NOT the full functionality as installing to /L/E .. esp. the repo kext MUST be installed to /L/E, otherwise it does not work in many if not most cases. RehabMan has written a lot about that. Same for all other kexts affiliated to Bluetooth, USB, PCI.

Simply highlight all your kexts with a color before you install them, so you know what's OS and what's your's. Or Apple's kexts with one and yours with another color.

probably you're right but... i use hackintosh for years (laptops + PC's) and as i remember i tried to have vanilla hackintosh and i have. When i started i used Chimera and Multibeast but now (+6years) only Clover. Zenbook works perfect. That Maximus too. Last Gigabyte or Asus Gaming worked in 100% too(Dell and HP too). That's why i don't want to modify OS files.
Nowadays even DSDT(laptop) i try to modify only in Clover without adding patches to DSDT directly.
From my practice is much better when you don't modify OS kext or install anything to L/E or S/L/E because when you break something you'll have big trouble to boot to OS.(ok, you can try log into console from Clover tools).
With Clover i have always one bootable pendrive with latest changes so when i break something i can always log into OS without any problems and correct kext or config settings without reinstall whole OS.

In last post i wrote that BT is working fine now, so "probably" it's not a problem with kexts destination.
Thx

Last edited:
so i read guide again
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
and applied EHC1->EH01 and EHC2->EH02 to config.plist
from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/master/config_patches.plist
Next installed "FakePCIID_XHCIMux" and BT works again ;)
Great, congrats!!. On my Asus, EHC2->EH02 was not necessary for BT to work in 10.13.5, and adding it to my config.plist -> reboot did not make BT work again in 10.13.6, thus custom SSDT is next after return from vacation.
After that port HS06(USB2) stopped working (it's on XHC list but no devices are recognizable) and i don't know why.
It's not a big problem because there is plenty of USB ports but can't understand why after added kext "FakePCIID_XHCIMux" i lost that port.
You can try see if disabling EHC2->EH02 again -> reboot makes a difference. Also there are two XHC related patches in RehabMan's config_patches.plist (change XHCI to XHC, change XHC1 to XHC) you referenced.

Can confirm that I got my bluetooth and wifi to work natively in 10.13.6 with the card and adapter in my previous post for those who are looking for native solutions

Can confirm that I got my bluetooth and wifi to work natively in 10.13.6 with the card and adapter in my previous post for those who are looking for native solutions
valuable find and share. Needless to say that only works for Desktops because of space limitation in Laptops. Bummer there is still no macOS compatible BT/WiFI m.2 WITH its own firmware, not requiring firmware injection (+ custom SSDT for most from 10.13.6 onward?). One fine day not too far in the future, hopefully..

valuable find and share. Needless to say that only works for Desktops because of space limitation in Laptops. Bummer there is still no macOS compatible BT/WiFI m.2 WITH its own firmware, not requiring firmware injection (+ custom SSDT for most from 10.13.6 onward?). One fine day not too far in the future, hopefully..
Yes thank you for clarifying. This should be considered for a desktop. Laptops are out of luck :/

Great, congrats!!. On my Asus, EHC2->EH02 was not necessary for BT to work in 10.13.5, and adding it to my config.plist -> reboot did not make BT work again in 10.13.6, thus custom SSDT is next after return from vacation.
You can try see if disabling EHC2->EH02 again -> reboot makes a difference. Also there are two XHC related patches in RehabMan's config_patches.plist (change XHCI to XHC, change XHC1 to XHC) you referenced.

No difference. Without all these patches HS06 not working (no devices but port is on XHC).
It looks like kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux changed it.
Second thing i see that BT works with SSDT-UIAC + FakePCIID_XHCIMux without patches for EHC1|EHC2 so i don't know i should/must use them ;)

so on Asus UX430UA after 10.13.6 BT works randomly and works all the time when booting in verbose mode... o_O
SSDT-UIAC generated for that laptop.

btw...
On Maximus after a while BT stopped working and showed (without restart) "Bluetooth: Not Available" but in "System report" still available...

Attachments

• Gulios's ZenBook Pro.ioreg
    9 MB · Views: 226
  • SSDT-UIAC.dsl
    3.3 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back