Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There,

I was stuck in this situation for last 3 months without finding any solution.

Tried lot of things but finally spotted the below errors in Logs:

run this to verify if u see the errors :$ cat /var/log/system.log | grep softwareupdate

Mar 31 15:52:07 <hostname> softwareupdated[297]: libcoreservices: _dirhelper: 666: mkdir: path=/var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n00000s0000068/0/softwareupdated/ modes[0]=0755: Operation not permitted

switched over to root : sudo bash
simply went to /var/folders: cd /var/folders
deleted all files and folder: rm -fr *
restarted..: sudo reboot
empty trash.
Tried downloading the update again from and installed the updated which worked (until i get error during update but tried installing update again and went through)

All the best ! Lets us know if it worked for you :)

Regards

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to go through your solution in such detail. The terminal command didn’t return any results, but I went ahead and ran the command to delete the /var files anyway. After rebooting, emptying the trash and running the update from the Mac App Store, the update ran successfully. Updated the Nvidia drivers and everything works perfectly including USB. Again - thank you!

"The lag" seems to mostly affect Skylake and newer systems.

I don't seem to suffer anymore from the dreaded Nvidia Lag after updating to 10.13.4 and the .30.103 driver. I DO have two HD630 entries in graphics that if I disable InjectIntel, BOTH then disappear. It appears to only be a cosmetic bug and does not seem to affect the system or graphics if it's enabled, though.

Looks like the 4 x 'Digital out/HDMI' options in the sound menu correspond to 4 x nodes 4,5,6,7 - so if the first output in the menu was working try disabling 5,6,7. Attached properties for that first output example, you should only need to change the value of 'Node' numbers to disable other combinations.

Where exactly is the Info.plist? I looked at /Systems/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Info.plist but this does not have a node for 'NodesToPatch'

Where exactly is the Info.plist? I looked at /Systems/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Info.plist but this does not have a node for 'NodesToPatch'
It's inside VoodooHDA.kext.

I just noticed I'm having USB port issues. I tried applying the patch but it doesn't work. I am trying to connect an external Pioneer BDR drive which works fine on my MBP, my system does not recognize it or an external hard drive I plug in. Can some have a look at my config.plist?

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 100
I just noticed I'm having USB port issues. I tried applying the patch but it doesn't work.
Enable the patch ;)

usb.png

Hi,
There is anybody try 10.13.4 fresh install with USB? Using UniBeast and MultiBeast? I guess 10.13.4 has problem with lastest UniBeast version.. May be little update about UniBeast?

My system now says Radeon RX 560 sweet..........Update went smooth.

Are you not using Whatevergreen? Do you have some 4k display connected together with some other display as well?

Thanks for reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back