Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to do a clean install after reading all the issues with this upgrade for Nvidia users.
Also I think that after many upgrades (since El Capitan I think) it was time for fresh install.
My hack was at 10.13.1 - could not make it to 10.13.2.

I downloaded the new installer (10.13.3) from the Apple store and created an install USB with Unibeast.
The install booted OK with the Nvidia card but failed during the install second boot.
I removed the Nvidia card and used the onboard vga (Intel 2500) to complete the installation.

After the installation I used the script webdriver.sh (see post #444) to install the web driver 378.10.10.10.25.106.
Contrary to what I read before, I had to set nvd_drv=1 in my config.plist for the driver to load.

Next I downloaded and installed the clover build Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4411 from Tonymac.

Finally I downloaded the AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext from giithub/vit9696 for the sound and moved them
together with all the other kexts from the USB /EFI/Clover/Kext/Other to my HD /EFI/Clover/Kext/Other folder.

Everything is working great. Surprisingly this was one of my easiest installs.

Board: Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS, Intel Core I5-3570, EVGA Nvidia GTX-1060
8GB 1600MHZ DDR3, HD WDC WD5000HHTZ-75N21V0, Display Acer XF270HU
StarTech PCIe Firewire Adapter

Ok going to try that. I downloaded 10.13.3 and created a new partition. I installed successfully in it. I then booted did the multibeast dance. From there I used the script for nvidia.

Blank screen after reboot. No picture what so ever.

Rebooted to old partition and to my horror the old partition lost its screen too. ???? Huh?

I used iMac 17.1 this tine vs 14.3 or whatever the default was. But stumped on the black screen.

I did not use graphics fix up or change my clover version other than I was pretty up to date all ready. Also I used the emulated vram option.

Anything jump out to anyone?

I decided to do a clean install after reading all the issues with this upgrade for Nvidia users.
Also I think that after many upgrades (since El Capitan I think) it was time for fresh install.
My hack was at 10.13.1 - could not make it to 10.13.2.

I downloaded the new installer (10.13.3) from the Apple store and created an install USB with Unibeast.
The install booted OK with the Nvidia card but failed during the install second boot.
I removed the Nvidia card and used the onboard vga (Intel 2500) to complete the installation.

After the installation I used the script webdriver.sh (see post #444) to install the web driver 378.10.10.10.25.106.
Contrary to what I read before, I had to set nvd_drv=1 in my config.plist for the driver to load.

Next I downloaded and installed the clover build Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4411 from Tonymac.

Finally I downloaded the AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext from giithub/vit9696 for the sound and moved them
together with all the other kexts from the USB /EFI/Clover/Kext/Other to my HD /EFI/Clover/Kext/Other folder.

Everything is working great. Surprisingly this was one of my easiest installs.

Board: Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS, Intel Core I5-3570, EVGA Nvidia GTX-1060
8GB 1600MHZ DDR3, HD WDC WD5000HHTZ-75N21V0, Display Acer XF270HU
StarTech PCIe Firewire Adapter

Ok going to try that. I downloaded 10.13.3 and created a new partition. I installed successfully in it. I then booted did the multibeast dance. From there I used the script for nvidia.

Blank screen after reboot. No picture what so ever.

Rebooted to old partition and to my horror the old partition lost its screen too. ???? Huh?

I used iMac 17.1 this tine vs 14.3 or whatever the default was. But stumped on the black screen.

I did not use graphics fix up or change my clover version other than I was pretty up to date all ready. Also I used the emulated vram option.

Anything jump out to anyone?

Try installing Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

Will do I’ll try it. I’ll report back.

Something I think would be helpful as I’m building lots of hacks these days:

Things change enough that these options could be a little clearer on when they are needed. It’s obviously spread around here and possible to get help. I wonder if we could organize it a bit more or have a few steps to help make a choice.

Given the amount of hardware differences this might be tough to do. Just thinking about it.

Unsuccessful. All it does is kernel panic. My clover downgraded since it was on the same drive so upgrading clover again to try to get back to working on old partition. Maybe I'll be lucky and upgrading clover fixes new one too.

Unsuccessful. All it does is kernel panic. My clover downgraded since it was on the same drive so upgrading clover again to try to get back to working on old partition. Maybe I'll be lucky and upgrading clover fixes new one too.

Those two kexts should not cause kernel panics if you are using the latest versions. Your problems may extend beyond the 10.13.3 update. I think you should start a new thread in the graphics sub-forum.

I used a tool called „Nvidia Webtreiber all Version update“ – don’t know if it’s available in English.

Open the app, choose „Webdriver neu installieren“ („Reinstall web driver“), choose the old webdriver *.pkg file – the app installs the old driver.

Restart the app, choose „Vorhandenen Webdriver Patchen“ („patch existing web driver“) – click through, choose „Rechte bereinigen“ („correct permissions“) enter admin password and restart the Mac.

Im trying Webdriver All Versions.app
Choose Reinstall Webdriver, then select WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106.pkg from downloads folder.
Sometimes i get a no web driver
It either does nothing or after reboot I get the default mac driver or it says its installed but wont work.
Im missing something.

I did a fresh install of 10.13.1 and everything works. When attempting the update to 10.13.3 the update never installs, and I just Keep seeing the macOS install drive on Clover. I tried to update Lilu, AppleALC, and USBinjectall but then I ended up in a never ending boot loop. (Also I did Not install emuvaraibleuefi-64 on Clover) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back