- May 5, 2014
- Dell VOSTRO 3478
- HD 620, Radeon HD 520
- Mobile Phone
Success !! System definition is imac 17,1You should downgrade the NVIDIA driver. I had the exact same issue. Downgrading to .106 solved my problem.
There's a ticket on the NVIDIAGraphicsFixUp sourceforge page that describes several other users having the same issue. The ticket links to a Reddit page: with the steps you should follow. I skipped step 5 because I'm using NVIDIAGraphicsFixUp.
Download for .106 drivers
Download for webdriver.sh
Steps from Reddit:
Set build using webdriver:
An alternative to the steps on Reddit is using the InsanelyMac NVIDIA driver repackager. Follow the instructions in Readme.txt. This method does not require Pacifist. Make sure you have 10.3.3 installed and instead of the latest driver (as per readme.txt) use the .106 driver I've linked above. I have not tested this method but it should work as the script extracts whatever driver (.pkg) is there and extracts the build number using commnadline tools.Code:
./webdriver.sh -m 17D47
Downloaded the *.106 driver, webdriver.sh, InsanelyMac NVIDIA driver repackager.
Steps to do it
1. Repackage the Nvidia *106 driver using InsanelyMac NVIDIA driver repackager. (Please check the readme file inside it to know how to repack)
2. Uninstall the latest driver from preference pane if necessary.
3. Install the repackaged driver from desktop (this is the output package by step 1)
4. Open terminal and navigate to webdriver.sh location and type sudo ./webdriver.sh -m 17D47
5. Hit Enter and type your password then reboot.