Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My build is listed on my profile. Here is my experience of this patch:

1) First, I created USB installer for High Sierra. Just in case, update screws up, I can use installer and restore the machine from Time Machine backup
2) However, the USB would not boot the machine and would always crash. I have two monitors connected to GeForce GT 740, and integrated graphics is not being used.
3) I disconnteced both monitors, and conncted one monitor to the integrated display, but machine would still crash when I tried to boot using USB. I even tried updating drivers using clover on USB, but no luck.
4) Finally, I removed the NVidia card from the machine, and voila the machine boots with USB.
5) With that comfort level, I booted the machine again from SSD, and went ahead with the upgrade. The upgrade went very smooth, with no errors.
6) No issues with sound and it kept working.
7) After reboot, I had to install updated NVidia web drivers.
8) Reinserted NVidia card and put the machine back in original hardware config.

Moral of the story, NVidia card was causing the issue. Minus that card, upgrade works as good as native Mac.

Hope this information is useful for fine folks on this forum.

Well, just like 10.13.2, I get a stuck reboot on installing the update. Stuck at 10.13.1 I suppose, who cares.
Take a look at my posting before yours. You may have a similar problem with an old kext like AppleIntelE100e or something else in the wrong directory. Make a list of all of the kext files you have added in the past and upgrade all of them, and remove the ones that are duplicates or in the wrong directory. You should check your /library/extensions, /system/library/extensions and your efi volume kexts. For me to catch what was going on was to video a verbose boot with my phone. I hope this helps you.
Good Luck.

Smooth update on both machines in my signature and experienced no issues with the Nvidia Web Driver.

All good so far!

After installing the update and reinstalling the audio, I get stuck at
Code:
en1: supported channels […] no duplicates found
Any idea how to fix that?

Attachments

• IMG_4297.jpg
    IMG_4297.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 250
All OK
I only had to re-install the Realtek ALC888 audio and in the meantime I updated Clover with Multibeast 10.2.0
Thanks for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back