Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you still having problems enabling the Nvidia web drivers? If yes, try going to Clover Configurator, Boot section, put a check next to nvda_drv=1.

Also, you may want to consider switching from OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi. This will give you native NVRAM and you can remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and the RC scripts. All the tools you need can be found in the Downloads section of this site, under Clover Builds.

Hi Pastry -

Loading the Nvidia web driver became stable after your prior suggestion, but I enabled nvda_drv=1 nonetheless.

I also took your advice and ran the Clover Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller, followed by the Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4411, and everything appears to be fine.

Again - thank you so much for your prompt and comprehensive assistance. Folks like you are why I decided to take the plunge into HackintoshLand and I have no regrets.

Cheers!

Sorry, I thinked I've missed something. Under "Devices" in CC, is <id_for_my_board> and, Graphics <id_for_my_board> the same? I've got the one in Graphics set but just wanted to make sure they're not different numbers for different reasons.

Thanks

I think I can answer this. See my screen shots.

My Fake ID for my IntelGFX = 0x01628086 (0x8086 = PCI/Vendor = Intel & 0x0162 is device ID = HD4000 IGPU, my device ID is 8086:0162)
Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 12.54.08 pm.png

0x01620005 is from the dropdown ig-platform-id for my CPU i7-3700 Ivy Bridge, and Inject Intel is turned on.
Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 12.54.59 pm.png

If you have DPCIManager, you can confirm your graphics controller. Mine is highlighted in blue.
Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 12.55.45 pm.png

I hope this helps you and maybe others. :)

I think I can answer this. See my screen shots.

My Fake ID for my IntelGFX = 0x01628086 (0x8086 = PCI/Vendor = Intel & 0x0162 is device ID = HD4000 IGPU, my device ID is 8086:0162)
View attachment 315762

0x01620005 is from the dropdown ig-platform-id for my CPU i7-3700 Ivy Bridge, and Inject Intel is turned on.
View attachment 315763

If you have DPCIManager, you can confirm your graphics controller. Mine is highlighted in blue.
View attachment 315764

I hope this helps you and maybe others. :)

Thanks for that jb007. I forgot about DPCI Manager. Hope it's been updated for current CPUs/Chipsets as mine's Kaby Lake.

Thanks for that jb007. I forgot about DPCI Manager. Hope it's been updated for current CPUs/Chipsets as mine's Kaby Lake.

I'm not sure, as I have a 3rd gen i7, but I'm saving up for a 8th Gen MB & CPU... but if you press the dropdown where you enter the ig-platform-id in CC you should get this for the Kaby Lake IGPU's
Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 1.32.10 pm.png

Cheers.

no matter what I do combo or app store update I cannot boot back and it doesn't continue with the update for some reason. I tried safe mode. using gigabyte ga-z270x-gaming 7. do I need to do anything post the update besides on first post?

no matter what I do combo or app store update I cannot boot back and it doesn't continue with the update for some reason. I tried safe mode. using gigabyte ga-z270x-gaming 7. do I need to do anything post the update besides on first post?
Not sure, but maybe you could update your build signature/profile with your hardware details so others can help and not have to guess your hardware configuration. eg MB, CPU, GPU ;)

Thanks for the detailed instructions. Dummy questions (I'm trying my first "update" after susccesfully installed 10.13.2 a month ago with a GTX1060):
1. After setting all with the iGPU as described. Do you actually have to connect the monitor to the internal Graphics video output? That's not an option for me because my korean monitor does not have an scaller and the iGPU can't drive a dual-DVI link for the native resolution.
2. Where do I get the "id_for_my_board"?
1. You do not have to connect any monitor to the internal graphics output
2. Based on your info, you have an i7-4770K so it is Intel HD 4600. If my understanding is correct, your ig-platform-id is 0x0d220003 and IntelGFX is 0.

See if that works.

Hi! My AMD vega64 became noisy after those 10.13.3 updates due to some weird graphic activity in the system. What is it? Some sort of miner in (llu1.2.2, whatevergreen1.1.5).kexts?

Smooth upgrade, even faster than macbookpro patch.

I think that don't have good knowledge about the "best working practice" for backing-up a Hackintosh OS before click update, maybe someone here would be so kind to show us.

Although I activate the Time Machine on regular basis, I am not 100% in trust of its ability dealing Hacked OS because we are using modified OS, right?

On the other hand, I found that well-reputed Carbon Cloner has a weird operational logic, think about that, the back-up (to another isolated HDD) op is no problem, but if you broked your OS, how can you re-enter the already ****** OS in order to operate "restore"? Correct me if I wrong.:lol:

I recommended you spend more time reading the docs here. But simply it's this. CCC creates a perfect image you can boot, then you can restore using that to the internal drive (to if you have recovery partition, you boot that and it restore from the external drive.

Similar process in TimeMachine. Boot recovery, restore from time machine backup. (And TM works perfectly on a CustoMac)

BTW: Being sent a Indian Teluja character and your machine crashing is a **BIG DEAL** If you think not, send yourself some Even if you cannot read them, you machine will bork at them. That's a serious PITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back